Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: July 2013 Fastrack

Default July 2013 Fastrack

How would one find out the status of a letter?

Stephen

ITAC recommended approval of your letter expanding the RX8 spec line. Not sure what happened to it after that, CRB may still be considering it.
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

Thanks Jeff!

Actually, I think it's still in our queue, but due to be sent to the CRB.

You *should* get an email from the system every time the letter changes hands.
    Matt Green

ITAC Member- 2012-??
    Tire Shaver at TreadZone- www.treadzone.com
    #96 Dodge Shelby Charger ITB- Mine, mine, all mine!
    I was around when they actually improved Improved Touring! (and now I'm trying not to mess it up!)

mea culpa. our last call was rescheduled for memorial day leaving 1 day between in at the CRB's, so they had no preview time AND I didn't get everything up the night of the call. they'll have it for August and I expect it will go through with no issues.

Are the links on the SCCA page not working, or am I doing something wrong?
    Chris Rallo "the kid"
    -- "wrenching and racing" -- "will race for food!" -- "Onward and Upward"

look like Ima have to choke a bitch! Someone is picking on one of my cars and is none too brilliant. ughhh freaking obnoxious!
    Chris Rallo "the kid"

Quote Originally Posted by CRallo View Post
    look like Ima have to choke a bitch! Someone is picking on one of my cars and is none too brilliant. ughhh freaking obnoxious!

Sooooo your upset about haveing to have the rules the car complys with, with you at the track?

Or are you upset about the 79-85 RX7 not being moved to ITB. When was that member request???????
    All posts are made by a fat old guy with a crappy old car that isnt supported by a factory anymore and therefore should not be taken seriously, EVER

We buy our tires at WalMart 205/50-15 NT-01 $148.00 last all season and go faster as they wear out........

Driver Skills Development, 7's Racing Skunk Works
    it7racing.com

Rallo,Reference?
    Mike Ogren , FWDracingguide.com, 352.4288.983 ,http://www.ogren-engineering.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Dano77 View Post
    Sooooo your upset about haveing to have the rules the car complys with, with you at the track?

Or are you upset about the 79-85 RX7 not being moved to ITB. When was that member request???????
    It was discussed years ago, when I was on the ITAC, and I'd talked to every IT7 guy I could about it, from New Hampshire to Atlanta and lots of places in between, and nobody ever made a good case for the move.

So, in internal discussion, it never went anywhere.
    The core issue is that the Process would treat it equally in ITB as it does in ITA. People forget that, thinking it's doing ITB times, essentially, so it would be a good ITB fit.
    But in actual practice, the ITAC will do the math, and it will gain a few hundred pounds. (XXX whp x ITB factor plus minus adders...same as ITA, except for the factor)
    And be on 6" rims.
    So, its really a waste of time.
    Why sell all the rims and tires, just to maintain the same lack of competitiveness?

Even IF the weight stayed the same, the rim switch would be expensive and would affect performance. And IF the weight remained constant (which would mean a change in Process inputs) why couldn't that change be applied to ITA instead, saving the swapping of tires??

(The ITAC showed no interest or any flexibility beyond what they had done at the last adjustment in terms of Process changes when I was on board. I of course submitted my numbers, but other 'senior' member said he had heard higher numbers, so those were used. As an owner of the car, it would be improper of me to debate excessively or campaign for things too much. I presented my info, and thats all I could do.
    To some degree I fear that the cheating guys that have come before have put performance numbers up that are impossible to achieve legally. I know I've raced hard against guys and been eeked out going down the straight, just to have them later admit that the engine was ported. So changing perceptions is tough. We get what we sow)

I'm unaware of any recent official request to move it.
    Chip?
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

[QUOTE=I'm unaware of any recent official request to move it.
    Chip?[/QUOTE]

I was aware of the past. This is what I was asking about. When did the request for input come up again.

It would be a real fix if the ECU on an RX7 could be changed to the Holly 500- 4bbl Just kidding.
    All posts are made by a fat old guy with a crappy old car that isnt supported by a factory anymore and therefore should not be taken seriously, EVER

We buy our tires at WalMart 205/50-15 NT-01 $148.00 last all season and go faster as they wear out........

Driver Skills Development, 7's Racing Skunk Works
    it7racing.com

To some degree I fear that the cheating guys that have come before have put performance numbers up that are impossible to achieve legally. I know I've raced hard against guys and been eeked out going down the straight, just to have them later admit that the engine was ported. So changing perceptions is tough. We get what we sow.
    Not the only place this dynamic created problems. Much of the issues in ITB were a result of the same situation - cheater 2002s, GTIs, and Volvi.

K

Quote Originally Posted by lateapex911 View Post
    It was discussed years ago, when I was on the ITAC, and I'd talked to every IT7 guy I could about it, from New Hampshire to Atlanta and lots of places in between, and nobody ever made a good case for the move.

So, in internal discussion, it never went anywhere.
    The core issue is that the Process would treat it equally in ITB as it does in ITA. People forget that, thinking it's doing ITB times, essentially, so it would be a good ITB fit.
    But in actual practice, the ITAC will do the math, and it will gain a few hundred pounds. (XXX whp x ITB factor plus minus adders...same as ITA, except for the factor)
    And be on 6" rims.
    So, its really a waste of time.
    Why sell all the rims and tires, just to maintain the same lack of competitiveness?

Even IF the weight stayed the same, the rim switch would be expensive and would affect performance. And IF the weight remained constant (which would mean a change in Process inputs) why couldn't that change be applied to ITA instead, saving the swapping of tires??

(The ITAC showed no interest or any flexibility beyond what they had done at the last adjustment in terms of Process changes when I was on board. I of course submitted my numbers, but other 'senior' member said he had heard higher numbers, so those were used. As an owner of the car, it would be improper of me to debate excessively or campaign for things too much. I presented my info, and thats all I could do.
    To some degree I fear that the cheating guys that have come before have put performance numbers up that are impossible to achieve legally. I know I've raced hard against guys and been eeked out going down the straight, just to have them later admit that the engine was ported. So changing perceptions is tough. We get what we sow)

I'm unaware of any recent official request to move it.
    Chip?
    You are mixing issues I think Jake. There was a recent request to move the 12A RX7 to B. We said no for the reasons listed above - good summary.

There have been several requests to reduce the weight on the A2 Rabbit (? I don't know my Volkswagens). The car I think is processed based on 30% from before my time on the committee. We are told on committee this number is accurate and there has been limited dyno data showing it to be close.
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

The source of the "what we know" about VWs - the MkI and MkII, anyway - lost a substantial amount of his credibility later in my tenure on the committee.

K

Quote Originally Posted by Dano77 View Post

I don't have a problem with it. I already have said specs. Just with more extraneous text on the specline and being singled out. obviously I will not be choking any bitches, they have been doing good work, I'm just annoyed with the recent themes of not thinking things through and picking on certain *evil* cars.

The Rx7 thing is annoying though :/

Quote Originally Posted by Flyinglizard View Post
    Rallo,Reference?
    See above.
    Chris Rallo "the kid"

When IT7 ran with ITB the lap times were very close (IT7 was alittle bit quicker, maybe 1sec @ Sebring)2:43, vs 2:44-5 ).
    The Rx killed me on the straights, sucked in the brakes and turns. Too much power for ITB at the IT 7 weight for sure. Add 150# and it would be close.
    But as mentioned why?
    Mike Ogren , FWDracingguide.com, 352.4288.983 ,http://www.ogren-engineering.com/

IT7 is running at ITB times sideways on old RA1s. Throw a seet of sticky tires (choose your potion) and they are going to br considerably faster. At current weight is was walking mk3 vw in the straight line.
    Track Speed Motorsports
    http://www.trackspeedmotorsports.com/

Steven Ulbrik (engineer/crew/driver)
    [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by quadzjr View Post
    IT7 is running at ITB times sideways on old RA1s. Throw a seet of sticky tires (choose your potion) and they are going to br considerably faster. At current weight is was walking mk3 vw in the straight line.
    Lap records and ARRC race results don't agree, (And the ARRC is likely the ONLY place where at least the top cars are sniffed for legality).
    But, it's a non starter no matter what. Unless core issues in the Process are looked at there' is no point in doing anything.

And frankly, I bet the ITAC is disinterested, as it's really not a significant issue. They have an IT-7 class that's available to them nearly nationwide, the numbers are dwindling because of unobtanium parts, and they are in the early stages of conversion to the Renesis in the SE.

Sadly, the time to be aggressive and fix the situation passed nearly 10 years ago.
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com