Thread: Prep Differences Between SM and ITx

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by mossaidis View Post
    FYI, don't think we did open hood during impound at POC and NHMS NARRC races though I was hoping we would. My point, open hood impound should be encouraged.
    Agree 100%
    Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region 188967

Easy for me to say, (since I don't have my car any more) but yes, I never understood why we would NOT have impound be open hood. ANd the EXCEPTION should be closed hood.

(Yes, I know, certain crafty types might not want their secrets on display, but it sure makes the crafty types make extra sure they are on the near side of the ragged edge.)

And Kirk, thats the second use of "Wackdoodle" from you in a week or so. It's also the second time I've heard it used. Ever. LOL.
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

Hi, good to see some of your faces on the forum. I found this thread right on time as I ran (1.6 Mazda Miata) ITA at Summit Point this past weekend and I really liked it.

I read ITA rules and there is that little sentence in 9.1.3.C:
    Any updated/backdated components shall be substituted as a complete assembly (engine long block, transmission/transaxle, induction system, differential/axle housing).
    That sentence takes care of Torsen Diff, or buying manual power rack from another year as long as you swap the complete assembly.

Also, 9.1.3.9.f is tricky regarding the door panels. That renders many cars illegal.

As of now my 1.6 Mazda Miata (stock motor) is illegal only, because my steering rack was "depowered". Everything else is legit as long as the 5" ride height holds.

Very hard to be at min weight in ITA along with SM and stay legit unless you're small and skinny, with no fire system.
    Last edited by awegrzyn; 06-12-2013 at 02:03 AM.

Welcome to the the world of IT, we usually try to have these wackdoodle discussions in January. (3, Jake)
    Ed Funk
    NER ITA CRX, ITB Civic, ITC CRX (wanna buy a Honda?)
    Smart as a horse, hung like Einstein!

Quote Originally Posted by awegrzyn View Post
    I read ITA rules and there is that little sentence in 9.1.3.C:

That sentence takes care of Torsen Diff, or buying manual power rack from another year as long as you swap the complete assembly.
    Careful,
    “updating and/or backdating of components is only permitted …… as listed on a single Improved Touring Specification Line
    You cannot take parts from a car on a different spec line.
    dick patullo
    ner scca IT7 Rx7

^ Correct. To be honest I would be happy to give up points, as long as I could race. I don't have a Torsen.

Quote Originally Posted by awegrzyn View Post
    ^ Correct. To be honest I would be happy to give up points, as long as I could race. I don't have a Torsen.
    So, based on your comments, you would have no problem with a GT1 car racing against you?.....as long as he gave up points???
    where do you drawer the line???
    Jerry
    NER South

Is there another example, from another car, similar to the Miata manual/de-powered rack?
    Jerry
    NER South