Observations:

• If it's really a Touring class then the 2 seaters need to go - but its not and never was
  • Every single 'T' class in the SCCA has 2 seaters. STO, STU and STL. 4 seats was never part of the concept, 'Touring' was just a name when envisioning a place for ex-WCTC to land in SCCA amateur racing and giving other cars a chance to be built to those specs. It's right in the Purpose statement in the GCR
  • Solo breaks their 'Street Touring' up every which way from Sunday - in a way I can't quite figure out but for sure RWD/FWD and 2 seats and 4+
  • Using wet conditions for a 'look' at results is a tough call
  • Forced induction is a freaking NIGHTMARE to get right. Even in Pro racing they can't get it right the first few years. It takes a mandatory $12K dollar Bosch ECU now so they can monitor every single output to get close

It's a great set of classes and STL is still ramping up. I really enjoyed seeing more FWD cars out there because of the creativity you can apply when building them. I still wish you could use any year chassis and modern powerplants. Maybe even total Frankenstein cars like an ITS-chassis 924/944 with a K20.

I thought about picking up a GA-spec ST RX-8, tune it a bit and do some Nationals but then realized Laguna was next. I think the cars with the best blend of power and handling with be the cars to beat until it hits Daytona...

Good stuff.