Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: June LRP

Denise

You needed to be a lot more aggressive with the RX7 after race one. You did nothing wrong and got punted out of the way.

I was on the outside and saw the whole deal unfolding early. Chose to stay wwaaaayyyy wide and see if you could save it. Till he hit you a second time. Then it was game over.

Glad it wasent serious and you got a thrird in race 2. Good job

Dan 77 IT7
    All posts are made by a fat old guy with a crappy old car that isnt supported by a factory anymore and therefore should not be taken seriously, EVER

We buy our tires at WalMart 205/50-15 NT-01 $148.00 last all season and go faster as they wear out........

Driver Skills Development, 7's Racing Skunk Works
    it7racing.com

Would be curious to see the other cars video Abhi. That seemed pretty straight forward from your perspective. Really sorry to hear about the damage.

Hey, does this mean I can borrow your motor? Kidding! Trying to make lite out of it but know getting a messed up car sucks...badly. Unless you're Andy and are selling the car. lol
    Dave Gran
    Real Roads, Real Car Guys – Real World Road Tests
    Go Ahead - Take the Wheel's Free Guide to Racing

We need more video to get the full picture. I've played enough arm-chair QB to understand that one video is simply not enough to see the whole story.
    Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region 188967

Quote Originally Posted by gizmo83 View Post
    Would have made you proud Andy!! I was catching Abhi and Chris with a little faster times but not a lot of time left... and then they had the incident at the uphill. Not the best way to get third but... I got a mug!! Lots of traffic at every turn, but I am getting a little more aggressive.

Andy Bettencourt

Quote Originally Posted by StephF View Post
    You can access history two ways. During the event, select the "i" in the top and ask for race results. You can then selct which group and race you want.
    After the event, you can select race results on the front page and go back and find them that way.
    Awesome, thanks Steph!!!
    Andy Bettencourt

Someone please tell me why 'we' would let a Lotus run in ITR..especially at the front...when the car is in no way eligible for the class. It doesn't make sense to me.
    Andy Bettencourt

Someone please tell me why 'we' would let a Lotus run in ITR..especially at the front...when the car is in no way eligible for the class. It doesn't make sense to me.
    I'm sure the car could be eligible with proper weight. There are some nice machines on the ITR list in GCR.

Tough to get around the turbo issue...

I thought it was a typo until this thread.

Stephen

Quote Originally Posted by awegrzyn View Post
    I'm sure the car could be eligible with proper weight.
    Huh?
    Andy Bettencourt

Quote Originally Posted by StephenB View Post
    Tough to get around the turbo issue...

I thought it was a typo until this thread.

Stephen
    If it's a straight Exige then it's normally aspirated. But I'm baffled as to why a chassis not even classified would be allowed to run.

Having said that, maybe the paperwork is 'in process'. 177hp in the 2000-2003 cars then an ITR weight might be about 2540 (add for DW IRC).

190hp cars could get in at about 2720...

Any insight?
    Andy Bettencourt

It actually ran in ITR?!?!?! I assumed it was an STU car. Whats with all the Loti just running anywhere they want? (Thinking about that one in NJ for the enduro, it was a Loti, wasn't it?? )
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

There was no turbo in Lotus Exige. Supercharged only.
    The Lotus at Lime Rock was a 2006 car. That is not 177hp, but 190.

At 2720 that would be 702lbs (minus driver) of ballast.

Nice to see newer cars in ITR.
    Last edited by awegrzyn; 06-25-2013 at 01:18 AM.

Nice to see newer cars in ITR.
    The point is that it ISN'T in ITR...so why let it run in ITR?
    Andy Bettencourt

Perhaps the guy came from far away and they allowed him to double dip in ITR. Don't know.

All I'm saying the car could fit into ITR if it fix it's insane weight problem somehow, but I don't know if that's even possible. That thing weights like 2000 lbs out of the dealer.
    Last edited by awegrzyn; 06-25-2013 at 01:33 AM.

Perhaps the guy came from far away and they allowed him to double dip in ITR. Don't know.

All I'm saying the car could fit into ITR if it fix it's insane weight problem.
    The only way it 'fit's' in ITR is AT those weights. IT is basically a power to weight class with some tweaks for outlying physical attributes. You start with 190hp and rwd, you are going to be in that neigborhood regardless of what the original weight of the car was.
    Andy Bettencourt

All I'm saying the car could fit into ITR if it fix it's insane weight problem somehow, but I don't know if that's even possible. That thing weights like 2000 lbs out of the dealer.
    I would hope (and am sure) that tehy would not let him just run as an ITR car because he came from far away and wanted to double dip.
    Here's why:
    A top well developed car in ITR is a BMW E36. IT is specified to weigh at 2680 (or thereabouts?) so that it can compete with other similar cars, based on it's known race trm hp and other physical characteristics. It had 189 hp stock, IIRC.
    So, if a car comes in with the same stock power, how fair would it be to throw it in to ITR to race against guys who have ballasted their cars to 2680, when teh car in question weighs 2000??

If I you were the BMW guy, wouldn't you be ripping mad if they did that??
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

I read someplace, and I think it maybe was Dick P who said it, but they decided to allow him to double dip in ITR but that he would receive no points for it.
    I don't know if they would use the normal amount of points for second or if second place would get the same amount they would for a win?
    I guess if the car is driven well, doesn't impact the other cars in class then I can understand the logic of allowing it once, but not on a regular basis.
    That was a gorgeous car.
    Stephanie Funk
    <Couple of NARRC and NERRC bragging things here>
    HP Honda CRX in progress, ITB Honda Civic, ITA Honda CRX, ITC Honda CRX
    "Green Booger Racing"

Quote Originally Posted by StephF View Post
    I read someplace, and I think it maybe was Dick P who said it, but they decided to allow him to double dip in ITR but that he would receive no points for it.
    I don't know if they would use the normal amount of points for second or if second place would get the same amount they would for a win?
    I guess if the car is driven well, doesn't impact the other cars in class then I can understand the logic of allowing it once, but not on a regular basis.
    That was a gorgeous car.
    It was not me Steph. I don’t know anything about the Lotus. That said a non-compliant car cannot beat a compliant car. If the guy gets no points or trophies and the Stewards do not think the guy will screw up anyone’s race I can live with it.
    Maybe we need a class call DNFAE (does not fit anywhere else) at regionals.
    dick patullo
    ner scca IT7 Rx7

Quote Originally Posted by dickita15 View Post
    It was not me Steph. I don’t know anything about the Lotus. That said a non-compliant car cannot beat a compliant car. If the guy gets no points or trophies and the Stewards do not think the guy will screw up anyone’s race I can live with it.
    Maybe we need a class call DNFAE (does not fit anywhere else) at regionals.
    Its called ITE! or SPO or SPU
    Jerry
    NER South

Quote Originally Posted by Abhi View Post
    Here is my in car video. Start watching at about the 19:15 mark.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B_b6...AyamNoYnc/edit

Quite disappointed. I thought that I was holding my line and got taken out by an over aggressive move. Would like the opinion of the forum members.

The car is pretty bent, frame is twisted. Not sure how soon it will get fixed.

Abhi
    Wow that's a hard hit abhi. Sorry to see that.