Thread: CRX undertray

Default CRX undertray

I have been racing CRXs for a number of years. Recently I saw one that had undertray with panels mounted on the suspension. I only saw it briefly. I can't find any info about it.
    Can anyone tell more and where I can get them. The car owner told me they were original to the car.
    Remember it's them or USGUYS

Check the hybrid version.
    Mike Ogren , FWDracingguide.com, 352.4288.983 ,http://www.ogren-engineering.com/

news to me - if anything I'd check the HF cars, but they aren't ITA spec CRXes so... also, everything I HAVE seen bolts to the body, not the suspension.

Aaaaaaand there were no hybrid CRXes that I'm aware of. . .

Quote Originally Posted by Flyinglizard View Post
    Check the hybrid version.
    CRX's never came as a hybrid. That's a CRZ which is nearly 20 years newer and not part of the same model line.

What you're probably talking about are parts like #6 & #9 below...

They're kinda extensions of the fender liners and do extend under portions of the motor/trans, but are definitely not attached to the suspension itself. Given the problems getting any cool air to the front brakes (even when using ducts), most of us remove as much of that stuff as possible.
    Gregg Ginsberg
    '96 Civic EX -- MARRS ITA #72
    WDCR-SCCA Rookie of the Year 2003
    MARRS ITA/T3 Drivers rep

Early "Insight" has a bunch of closeout panels . pans.
    Mike Ogren , FWDracingguide.com, 352.4288.983 ,http://www.ogren-engineering.com/

Quote Originally Posted by USGUYS View Post
    I have been racing CRXs for a number of years. Recently I saw one that had undertray with panels mounted on the suspension. I only saw it briefly. I can't find any info about it.
    Can anyone tell more and where I can get them. The car owner told me they were original to the car.

Read the airdam/splitter rules in the ITCS/GCR for what you are allowed to fabricate. You are allowed to go as far back as the wheel opening. (with some constraints/requirements)

IF the car has panels like Gregg shows, it's is my understanding of the rules that you must leave them. Unmodified. Unless they are called "fender liners" in the parts list.
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com