Quote Originally Posted by JeffYoung View Post
Well, not to dicker, but you brought up, and continue to do so.

*it's 50 lbs over in your view, which I think no one would rationally call porked;

*we followed the manual in classing it;

*there are a LOT of inconsistencies in R right now that are far worse and the mess with the DW adder will get fixed with them as well.
OK, I'll keep biting.

* More than 25% is not in the manual IIRC but was classed consistently with other V8's for power - can agree with that position
* DW adder was "followed" because of a mistake in the rewrite of the manual for ITR. So it stands alone in ITR as the only car with that weight penalty. It sits in limbo because of a mistake of either clerical nature and/or the idea that none of the ITAC remembered that the DW adder was never applied to those cars, only a strut/FWD subtractor which is unique to ITR as well.

In the first case the manual was not used in favor of consistency and in the second the manual was used without thought or knowledge of consistency. This is my point.

The ITR inconsistencies largely stem from a 'best guess' on HP multipliers. The committee that put that cut together did on a spreadsheet with all the calculations for each car. That sheet should be in the committees possession. If not, I can probably help getting them a copy.

I am sure the ITAC is doing the same thing with ITB. I would figure the biggest hurdle would be to determine an agreed upon set of multipliers to get everyone to a standardized 'stock' hp figure before even applying manual-based multipliers and adders. Then the list in ITB might even be the largest class of all.