Thread: i need some help with the math!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default i need some help with the math!

OK i might as well tell the world I sold the corrado and i am on my way on friday to purchas a new car! Which i am very excited about i know there are people out there that can help me with the build multiplier. The car is a 2000 BMW 323 which i will be running in ITS for the time being. So here is the major question i have what is the expected build WHP and how do i get that number? I know you guys are really good with numbers and oh ya i need to get the car classed for there is no 323ic in the GCR so all the help i can get would be great! Thanks for your support through this rough time LOL! Hope to see everybody soon!
    2010 NERRC ITB Champion
    2012 NERRC ITS 3rd place
    2013 NERRC ITS 2nd

Hmmm, is this the 323i which really has a 2.5L 24V inline six? If so it might be classed in ITR. I don't have access to a GCR right now.

R

e46 323 is listed in S at 3000 pounds, but not in "c" form - which I think means it's a coupe...?

Sounds like a VERY cool option, Tim!

K

the autotechnic guys do some damage in ITS with their 323is sedan. If all things are equal, if should not matter if it's a coupe or sedan. Write to the CRB - good luck!
    Demetrius Mossaidis aka 'Mickey' #12 ITA NESCCA
    '92 Honda Civic Si
    STFU and "Then write a letter. www.crbscca.com"
    2013 ITA NARRC Champion and I have not raced since.

Yes the "C" stands for coupe and the auto technic cars are built to the max! Mine will be a little slower at first but hopefully within a couple of years we can get the car twisted just right and if something happens to ITS the car can be converted to ITR with very little work. So back to my question how do i find a realistic build up % on the motor? The motor is stock with a shark programing so just trying to figure out what is a realistic WHP for the car and how much its gonna cost to get there? I know the answer to that open check book and start with adding a lot of zeros! LOL my goal is to keep up with the RX8 this year and maybe even beat him. (sinister laugh)
    2010 NERRC ITB Champion
    2012 NERRC ITS 3rd place
    2013 NERRC ITS 2nd

I don't know how much hp you can make out of the motor, but if it is going to race competitively in ITS it'll need to generate north of 185 whp at that weight. And well north is what I'm thinking, 195-205 wheel hp at 3000 pounds.

I have no idea of the BMW engine can generate that sort of power. Certainly it seems the unrestricted BMW E36 325s of the 2002-2005 era were making that sort of power and more, but I don't know how that engine compares to yours.

Good luck with it, I'd love to see it out on track.