Thread: Aftermarket shift lever?

Default Aftermarket shift lever?

Does anyone know of a place to get a new short shift lever for a 1st gen RX7? Other than Mazdatrix (no offense to them, just trying not to spend $200).
    '77 Mazda RX-3
    NER SCCA E-Prod

IF your rebuilding the transmission, The Miata shifter will work. You need everything though, and its more than 200 bucks. Give em the coin, it fixes the problem and takes 10 minutes to install.
    All posts are made by a fat old guy with a crappy old car that isnt supported by a factory anymore and therefore should not be taken seriously, EVER

We buy our tires at WalMart 205/50-15 NT-01 $148.00 last all season and go faster as they wear out........

Driver Skills Development, 7's Racing Skunk Works
    it7racing.com

Assuming the lever isn't going to be used in IT, Dans answer works. If it's an IT car, it needs to stay stock, or a modified version of the stock one. (Unless the rule changed when I wasn't looking, which is possible).
    In other classes of course, you can go nuts.
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

Its an EP RX3 that started life in my basement. Was occupying the same space that your former car is occupying.

Not that I would ever condon cheating of any kind, even if it is a cheaper way to achieve the same result. ie welded/repaired exhaust manifold in an SM car...............NON COMPLIANT
    All posts are made by a fat old guy with a crappy old car that isnt supported by a factory anymore and therefore should not be taken seriously, EVER

We buy our tires at WalMart 205/50-15 NT-01 $148.00 last all season and go faster as they wear out........

Driver Skills Development, 7's Racing Skunk Works
    it7racing.com

Dan, I have a spare trans now and was just thinking it would be nice to have a spare lever too. I don't need it, so I don't want to pay a fortune. Just hoping there was an inexpensive aftermarket lever out there like with the 2nd and 3rd gens.
    '77 Mazda RX-3
    NER SCCA E-Prod