Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Trying for Nationwide Crap Can class unity

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Earp View Post
    They can get that with TrackDaze, NASA HPDE, Track Test Days (CMP has one about every Friday), Club days, and the like. No need to even involve the SCCA.
    I think that part of his goal is to get them into SCCA to make racing more affordable for US.

I don't always agree with you Mike but you are so ing something to help drive car counts and I appreciate that! :-)

Stephen

I realize that. I'm being more of a devil's advocate than anything. If people are serious about getting Crapcans into the SCCA they need to work together. Mike's doing his thing, AutoXMike another, stuff on the brown board, stuff coming up at Charlotte next week - a concerted effort might get somewhere but there needs to be a plan and direction.

Default LeChump in New Jersey

The Jersey Racing Board (Northern New Jersey and South Jersey regions) announce LeChump classes
    The purpose of these LeChump rules is to create an opportunity for cars built for ChumpCar World Series (ChumpCar) or the 24 Hours of LeMons (LeMons) to compete safely in SCCA regional races. They are intended to provide low-pressure classes without the necessity of extensive modifications to existing cars. Multiple classes are provided to foster competition, however, there is no guarantee that any specific make, model or car will be competitive.

All drivers must fully conform to SCCA driver licensing requirements. Prior LeChump racing experience may be considered for SCCA licensing but automatic license exchange is not guaranteed or contemplated. Each situation is considered on its individual merits. All driver safety gear must comply with the GCR requirements.
    The rules are posted at http://www.njrrs.com/LeChump-Rules.pdf

These rules will be initially used in our Jersey Road Racing Classic (The Jerk) on 18-20 October at NJMP. Next year they will be included in all NJRRS regional races and The Devil in the Dark 12 hour endurance race.

This is the first iteration of the rules to gauge interest. Please let me know if you have any questions or comments.

Terry

Looks good Terry.
    If you could add in the LC3 class AKA "CrapCan-AM" it will increase the search value. CCAM has been around for a while and comes up on Googlre search as my car and other Chumpers.
    Free exposure . How else can this get promoted?

I am trying to get my Chumper back together, Post Sebring. Broke the turbo intake seal after running so sweet and fast in the prior months. I hope to make the 2013 Challenge next month .
    MM
    Mike Ogren , FWDracingguide.com, 352.4288.983 ,http://www.ogren-engineering.com/

I like the gist of it, but I don't like the 2.3L class delineation much - for no good reason, really, and I REALLY don't like the VTEC hate. there are a FEW VTEC motors that make power outside the usual realm of their displacement - the B16, B17, B18C5, and some K20s. the rest, including ALL D-series VTEC are NOT a threat to ANY reasonable 2.3L car. I seriously doubt the B series motors are either. I'd give you nudging the B series to over 2.0L equivalency, but not 2.3.

that's the last bit of complaining I'll do on the subject. overall I'm glad regions are putting up rules to invite the guys who say we won't invite them, and I hope that they will come.

BTW, there will be a general membership advisory once we have the specifics worked out, hopefully this week and DEFINITELY this month, but I will be coordinating the oft-discussed here "race within a race" within the Central Florida Region IT ranks under the name "Street Tire Challenge" (STC). the skinny: full compliance to IT rules, a sticker, and 180TW tires, plus registering as an STC competitor on a website TBA or at the track. cars will run within their traditional IT run group during Central Florida Region sanctioned non SARRC events, finishing position among those registered will determine points by IT class (C, B, A, etc...). There will be a trophy for the top 3 in series points in each class and I'm trying to line up some sort of sponsorship deal for an award, too. this is real.

Quote Originally Posted by Chip42 View Post

BTW, there will be a general membership advisory once we have the specifics worked out, hopefully this week and DEFINITELY this month, but I will be coordinating the oft-discussed here "race within a race" within the Central Florida Region IT ranks under the name "Street Tire Challenge" (STC). the skinny: full compliance to IT rules, a sticker, and 180TW tires, plus registering as an STC competitor on a website TBA or at the track. cars will run within their traditional IT run group during Central Florida Region sanctioned non SARRC events, finishing position among those registered will determine points by IT class (C, B, A, etc...). There will be a trophy for the top 3 in series points in each class and I'm trying to line up some sort of sponsorship deal for an award, too. this is real.

Starting in 2014? Will these sub-classes be included in any of the T.E.S. enduros? Chalk our car up as definitely interested. Thank you for the 411.
    Chris Carey

Central Florida Region
    ITS/Vintage Datsun 240Z

Favorite tool to remove undercoating---- A curb!

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car.
    Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall, torque is how far you take the wall with you."

Chip

I like the gist of it, but I don't like the 2.3L class delineation much - for no good reason, really, and I REALLY don't like the VTEC hate. there are a FEW VTEC motors that make power outside the usual realm of their displacement - the B16, B17, B18C5, and some K20s. the rest, including ALL D-series VTEC are NOT a threat to ANY reasonable 2.3L car. I seriously doubt the B series motors are either. I'd give you nudging the B series to over 2.0L equivalency, but not 2.3.
    Thanks for the comments. We are still having debates over the final structure of the rules, primarily in the classifications. The set posted on our web site represents an interim ruleset that we needed to freeze and post for our Jersey Road Racing Classic (The Jerk) which we are holding in two weeks. There will be additional discussions over the winter.

See ya at the races

Terry

Quote Originally Posted by spawpoet View Post
    Starting in 2014? Will these sub-classes be included in any of the T.E.S. enduros? Chalk our car up as definitely interested. Thank you for the 411.
    Yes, be on the lookout for an email from Lee in the near future. I think adding TES would make sense, I'll find out more about any unseen pitfalls there tomorrow at the CFR District 3 monthly meeting.

The 2.3 break is to separate the very slow Ford 2.3 from the very fast Nissan 2.4. The 2.2 Prelude belongs with the fast group also.

There are lots of better systems for classing. This one is very close to Chump Sprint racing classes. It is based upon actual performance, not #s per CC. It is very possible that Chump took my page per new rules. These are simply based on results.
    Ideally , if car count happens, we could class them from actual installed HP with bumps for swaps and mods.
    The TC Honda, 240, Nissan Z31, 32, E36 , E 30,Mustang V8, V6, all are contenders for fast lap.
    The Vette, and Z32 were bumped out of contention for the new rules, 2014 +.

We'll see how it plays out, if at all.

RE; S tire class. great stuff Chip. I have one of my Golfs back to IT spec engine bits, but it is missing the washer bottle and the cage is welded to the sill.
    We run it in HP. and Chump.

Maybe Allow the Prod cars to run, as Goodyear has stopped making the little slicks. great time for a new tire situation for them.

Bump the prod cars one class and it will be very close. The 13 in tire is still not available tho.

The vintage cars run on some harder DOT tires also, not sure of the specs. No HOHOs for sure tho.
    I will bring one or two cars for the Prod cars into Street Tire class.
    FWIW the Golf goes about 2:50 on the 180 street tires, and maybe 2:46 on SRF tires or R1s.
    Mike Ogren , FWDracingguide.com, 352.4288.983 ,http://www.ogren-engineering.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Flyinglizard View Post
    RE; S tire class. great stuff Chip. I have one of my Golfs back to IT spec engine bits, but it is missing the washer bottle and the cage is welded to the sill.
    We run it in HP. and Chump.

Maybe Allow the Prod cars to run, as Goodyear has stopped making the little slicks. great time for a new tire situation for them.

Bump the prod cars one class and it will be very close. The 13 in tire is still not available tho.

The vintage cars run on some harder DOT tires also, not sure of the specs. No HOHOs for sure tho.
    I will bring one or two cars for the Prod cars into Street Tire class.
    hmm.. the one thing I REALLY want to avoid is actual rules modifications. as of right now, IT is fully compliant on street tires (and without washer bottles - read up!) and the beauty of this idea is that we don't do anything confusing - stickers, list, cheap tires, go race.

if we start pushing prod cars up and down classes and trying to institute some parity between prod and IT, then add vintage etc... not only is it now becoming "street tire SCCA" which is fine I guess, but it's just a mess. if someone else wants to manage it, I'll share the web space and stickers will be available. right now CFR governors are aware of the idea but their favorite part is the lack of race organizer involvement. if it gets popular enough, that might change, but for starters it has zero effect on the schedule.