Thread: Manifold / TB rule revisions

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Eric - I wrote in with my thoughts about the general idea of the class when it was reimagined a few years ago. the path I like and the path the club chose to go were pretty significantly different. yes, I've been vindicated on some occasions but other than following along at home and perking up here very now and then I don't participate on any level in ST, so wont be writing in (I'll let those with skin in the game ask for such things). I have refocused on IT where I'd been playing in some form or another since the early 90s. I am on the ITAC, and appreciate the "write a letter" comment as it is what we should be doing with our ideas.

tGA - I think Eric did, to the best of his ability. the OP's question is valid, the rule doesn't make sense. might be that you STAC guys can shed light on how it came to be but clarifying it does seem to be improbable.

Quote Originally Posted by Chip42 View Post
    I think Eric did, to the best of his ability. the OP's question is valid, the rule doesn't make sense.
    Completely concur. I don't remember the origin of the reg; it was something Eric brought up as a distinct possibility in reference to a letter/request, and another committee member said something like "let's just say you gotta keep the same number of throttle bodies" and we said "Ok, sounds good; next question"...

Honestly, as Kirk pointed out, this is kinda chasing our tails. We cannot possibly think of all situations and make individual rules to account for each...

- GA