Quote Originally Posted by Greg Amy View Post
Good point. The rule stems from someone - a BMW driver, of course, trying to install a 4-choke ITB intake onto an otherwise-STU compliant engine, that would have provided a distinct competitive advantage. I'll bring this to Eric Heinrich's attention, he can explain more.

If we need to, we'll adjust the verbiage.

- GA
The advantage comes from part throttle driveability, every builder I've spoken with agrees that moving a single TB further away from the head can make the same power as ITB's.

Regardless, the point of the rule wording was because initially it was completely in conflict with it self - originally the rule said you had to keep the original intake manifold unless you changed it in which case you had to keep the original intake manifold. I"ll take a closer look tonight at the wording and what's being asked here and post my thoughts.

One thought I have had is, given the FI car's continuing dominance inspite of weight and restrictor adjustments, I think N/A cars should have more freedom to play with the intake manifold than they do, but I'm pretty sure that idea would be DOA.