Thread: What class should I run in?

Default What class should I run in?

I have a 1994 golf 4dr. It has a aba 2.0l engine with a kkk k26 turbo out of a Porsche 944, with a short run intake manifold, a front mount intercooler,40lb injectors,stock ecu with tt chip, 2 1/4 turbo back exhaust. the interior is Bare except dash and door cards cage will be installed soon. I want to install a g60 cable shift trans but not if it would make it illeagal.Is there a class for me?

You may fit into SPO in the SE area. If you leave the stock rear bumper and fuel tank.
    Not sure other wise. It wont fit any of the SCCA Stock style classes. NASA will take it someplace tho. AS will Chump.
    Mike Ogren , FWDracingguide.com, 352.4288.983 ,http://www.ogren-engineering.com/

Default It's the turbo

The problem is the turbo... It's impossible to make turbo cars performance "even".. unless you have a "standard" waste gate anyone can just turn up the boost and have more HP...
    If you are wiling to race without the turbo you will have more classes.
    Beran Peter
    ITB #0 NER
    VW Golf

In the northeast, you might be able to run ITE. Talk to Tom Hansen on ITE and VW's. Per NARRC rules on ITE...

IMPROVED TOURING ENDURO (Class designation = ITE)
    The purpose of the NARRC ITE class is to allow vehicles from other professional race Series, Pro-Rally, Showroom Stock (those not otherwise eligible for IT or SS) and equivalent marquee club classes to compete at a regional level. No guarantee of competitiveness or equality is expressed or implied.

To that end, the ITE rules and guidelines are that ALL VEHICLES MUST:
    - Meet (at minimum) current Improved Touring safety specifications.
    - Run DOT approved street radials; tire brand is free. However, wheel and tire Specifications must be per the original series rules. Original series (except Pro-Rally) must have run exclusively on DOT tires.
    - Compete in their declared series specification, except for tire brand & modifications, to meet SCCA safety specs.
    - Display current SCCA Club racing decals; all other sanctioning bodies' Identification must be removed or covered.
    - Posses an SCCA (only) vehicle logbook and roll cage number.
    - Meet the current SCCA sound requirements.
    ALL COMPETITORS MUST conform to current SCCA General Competition Rules.

ALL ENTRANTS MUST have in their possession, and available to tech personnel or the Chief Steward, the "Series Rulebooks and specification sheets" (IMSA Rulebook, SCCA Pro-Racing rulebook, Pro-Rally rulebook, etc.) and an official manufacturer’s shop manual(s) to authenticate the vehicle in its state / condition of preparation.

You may be to qualify your car for a GTx NASA class and by doing so, you can run ITE.
    Demetrius Mossaidis aka 'Mickey' #12 ITA NESCCA
    '92 Honda Civic Si
    STFU and "Then write a letter. www.crbscca.com"
    2013 ITA NARRC Champion and I have not raced since.

There is a Turbo VW that runs ITE in the northeast. I dont think that you really need any supporting documents from any other series.
    Mike Ogren , FWDracingguide.com, 352.4288.983 ,http://www.ogren-engineering.com/

Yup, Tom Hansen runs a Turbo VW Socorro in ITE, hence my reference.

Every region has it's own rules on ITE. Certainly ask before going to any trouble of getting supporting documents. Just don't be surprised if your tech person asks you to produce documentation along the lines "rules". just saying.
    Demetrius Mossaidis aka 'Mickey' #12 ITA NESCCA
    '92 Honda Civic Si
    STFU and "Then write a letter. www.crbscca.com"
    2013 ITA NARRC Champion and I have not raced since.

Oh yeah it's me...lol.
    Jeremy you can only run in ITE, other than that it's GTS series in NASA.
    #72 ITE Scirocco
    NARRC ITE champion 2011