Thread: Add-On Head Support???

Thumbs up Add-On Head Support???

Has anyone built/designed/sell a Add-On Head Support for an existing race seat in my case a Sparco EVO2?

I've noticed some of the current race seat have a removable Head Support or side bolsters and I am sure someone must have already designed and or built their own in order to support their head/neck during an accident.
    Efrain N Alers
    Nativo Performance
    787-635-9546
    https://improvedtouring.coms/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=12013&dateline=120412  5665

I've seen "wings" in the circle track world that attach to the cage. some are custom fab but I bet there's some for sale. ideally you would have them attached to your seat, though, and that's harder to do WELL with an upholstered fiberglass or carbon fiber shell like yours.

have you considered selling your seat and replacing it with one of the newer seats from Sparco or a competitor which HAS head wings? there are much lower cost seats of this sort than just a few years ago.

No. You can really only do this with an aluminum seat.

Steve Linn | Fins Up Racing | #6 ITA Sentra SE-R | www.indyscca.org

Efrain N Alers
    Nativo Performance
    787-635-9546
    https://improvedtouring.coms/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=12013&dateline=120412  5665

do not put kirkey etc... ad on aluminum wings on a composite seat. just don't. you will end up with a restraint at a strange angle (most likely) the mounting for which ruined the structural integrity of your seat. yes there ARE ways to do this that are not unsafe, but for the trouble, just buy a Momo Daytona or OMP RS-P.T.2 and sell your EVO 2