Thread: RST Performance Racing and Dunlop Tires to take on the 2013 -12hr "Devil in the Dark"

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

We typically get around 30hrs out of the Dunlops ZI's... pretty good tires considering. Our events are typically 17-24hrs and a set easily lasts longer than that. We can get two events out of the rears, and sometimes two out of the fronts too. I've heard the II's want to chunk up more than the ZI's... Do you heat cycle the tires or run them as stickers? My car is also around 3000lb, and we have to pit every 90min or so (22gal) for fuel. Brakes are no problem though, and we can almost get two events out of a set of pads. I'll find out for myself in June how they work - just got new ZIIs yesterday.
    Last edited by Spinnetti; 05-02-2013 at 12:26 PM.

We didn't intentionally heat cycle any if the tires, just threw them on and drive as quick as we could! However with that said we did run the tires from the race in the 20min practice session before the race. It did heat them up and they cooled off. We only did this to help ensure we had the tire pressures set correctly for the race.

We did not have any issues of chunking... What type of car are you running with, 30hrs is fantastic! Also, what do the tires look like when you are done?
    RST Performance Racing
    www.rstperformance.com

Quote Originally Posted by Spinnetti View Post
    We typically get around 30hrs out of the Dunlops ZI's... pretty good tires considering. Our events are typically 17-24hrs and a set easily lasts longer than that. We can get two events out of the rears, and sometimes two out of the fronts too. I've heard the II's want to chunk up more than the ZI's... Do you heat cycle the tires or run them as stickers? My car is also around 3000lb, and we have to pit every 90min or so (22gal) for fuel. Brakes are no problem though, and we can almost get two events out of a set of pads. I'll find out for myself in June how they work - just got new ZIIs yesterday.
    What kind of brakes are you using?