Greg Amy and other forum members please provide your feedback to the following points: 1.) The IT rules specify no coatings or chemical processes to engine, or drive train components. STL rules is silent except the STL rules infers that if the rules don't say you can, You Can't. However, some newer vehicles come with coatings from the factory. Therefore, will competitors with older technology vehicles be allowed to coat engine, drive train, and other components? If not, why are older vehicles relegated to a lesser status when the class is based on weight-to-displacement. It appears that older vehicles will be disadadvantaged to a degree. My opinion is that if one type of vehicle is allowed to have it then all vehicles should be allowed to have it. 2.) In the same vein as the above, there is the situation of dry sump systems. While I'm not aware of a legitimate vehicle/engine in STL in that configuration it probably will happen if not already. 3.)In the same vein as the above, the toyota 2zz-ge engine is allowed with a 11.5 CR.The rules state max of 11.0. Will all vehicles be allowed to have 11.5 CR? If not, why was this engine allowed to have 11.5 CR @ 1800cc. Also, if a competitor uses a 2ZZ engine from a current Lotus Elise(made by Toyota for Lotus)in their Toyota would they have to reduce the 11.5 CR to 11.0 CR. Further,it has been brought to my attention that certain Volkswagen vehicles will be allowed to use the European spec engine(ABF I believe).Yet, the rules specify only USDM engines.Why this allowance? It would logically follow that all vehicles should be allowed to use European spec engines to keep the playing field level and specs uniform. 4.) In the same vein as the above, what about wheel bolt pattern(s)? Are competitors allowed to change the wheel bolt pattern even though the rules are silent? 5.) Relative to the splitter rule, the rule for STL specifies 3" ground clearance, yet the IT rule specifies no lower than the bottom of the wheel rim which for most vehicles is 2.5".

In conclusion, I know that many forum members may feel I'm acting as "gadfly" and such is not the case. Before I spend any more funds on building a 10/10ths STL vehicle, I need to know not only the letter of the rules but the spirit of the rules as well. Any and all responses(pro or con) will be appreciated. Thx. racermr2