Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The New Mylaps Site

On the flip side, I got an email from the CEO of mylaps, today......apologizing and saying that they had screwed up badly! Then he listed what they were going to do to fix the issues.

It appears that they were running into severe server response time issues with the old release. One thing he was very careful to mention is that none of the old data has been lost.....and will be made available again. Kudos to a monopoly for at least this type of response!

Sorry to drag this thread out of the weeds......... But this is the first time I've tried logging on since the new site............ Clicked button for old user name/password......... said neither existed....... clicked link to get user name e-mailed to me........ said my e-mail was not linked to an account........... clicked on the "Contact Form"........... No matter how many different ways I put in my phone number it kept saying I had a manditory field missing............WTF????
    Jeff L

ITA Miata

2010 NARRC Champion

2007 NERRC Championship, 2nd place
    2008 NARRC Championship, 2nd place
    2009 NARRC Championship, 2nd place

It has gotten somewhat easier but they still need to add the racer search. Log on...then you see two boxes "practice" and "events". To see your history, click on "events". To search for a race, on the same page above "personal results" click on "results" in red. That brings up a search box to fill out, and it works well. Good luck.
    Chuck Baader
    White EP BMW M-Techniq
    I may grow older, but I refuse to grow up!

I'm in a similar boat Jeff. I can change my password, but my account is in migration limbo, It's neither been migrated nor is the old account still around. I Migrate my account, then try to log in and it tells me to migrate my account.
    STU BMW Z3 2.5liter

Try going to an event that you ran, click on your car# and than log in.
    I cant get any results on my own page either.
    Mike Ogren , FWDracingguide.com, 352.4288.983 ,http://www.ogren-engineering.com/

Just after I posted that I sent a message asking for help migrating the account. I got a message that everything was fixed. So I tried to log in and I get an Authentication failure. I tried your suggestion Mike and I still get an authentication failure. I've sent a second message to them to get this straight. Oh, and when I try to reset the password, I never get an email, in the inbox, spam or trash. But if I go to the convert account page and enter my username I get the password reset email in my inbox in seconds. Then when I go to try to convert my account it tells me it already has. Then when I try to log in it gives me the authentication failure.
    STU BMW Z3 2.5liter

Mine now works first time. Today.
    I had to go to lost password/ get the email/ click the lnnk/ reset password/ login . worked . At first I had no results found, clicked on the dash board and my 2 transponders were there( from a prior email to contacts, they put in my TX #s). I should have 20yrs of results but not so much..
    I have had good but slow luck in the past with the contact email, noting my pass word, user account, and TX numbers all in the same email. They seem to get it to work eventually.

IMHO, Big open market for a few smart guys . to use the Iphone as the data recorder, lap timers . That would circumvent the My laps timing loops and software.
    Mike Ogren , FWDracingguide.com, 352.4288.983 ,http://www.ogren-engineering.com/

I had to have a ticket generated to reset my log-in. I associated my new email initially during the conversion, but some how it was dropped and would only respond to my old email. Given I needed to reset my password, the messages were going to an email black hole. So, with the new email associated to my account I was able to reset my password, and now have access.
    STU BMW Z3 2.5liter