Thread: Specific ITA to STL requirements?

Default Specific ITA to STL requirements?

All I can find is the front bar between the A pillars and the front footwell bars is needed.

I know I can race in ITA trim but to get to the STL weight I want to make sure I am compliant. Looks like fire extinguisher and windshield clips and fuel tank/cell requirements are the same.

I thought at one time ST had a requirement for number of exposed threads on the wheel studs but don't see anything now. I want to make sure there is nothing in the rest of the GCR that is not under the STL section (like the roll age differences).

Anything else?
    1985 CRX Si competed in Solo II: AS, CS, DS, GS
    1986 CRX Si competed in: SCCA Solo II CSP, SCCA ITA, SCCA ITB, NASA H5
    1988 CRX Si competed in ITA & STL

this topic also interests me

TGA please tell us what to do pleaaaaaase.

thanks. Ha

Are you asking what you would need to do to an otherwise-ITA car to be compliant to STL and run that weight? We have whittled away at World Challenge safety regs that would make an IT car non-compliant (e.g., fuel cell*, fire system, wheel stud thing, etc) but we were not able to remove the lateral dash cage bar. Put that lateral bar into your IT car and you should be good.

As far as car prep goes, just ensure your engine meets the valve lift and compression ratio specs (most do) as well as other spec limits (brakes, wheels, tires, etc).

With a lateral dash cage bar, most cars are areal STL compliant...

- GA

* Fuel tank needs to be in front of rear axle to be able to run without a fuel cell. That's a prob for some cars like the RX7.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Amy View Post

* Fuel tank needs to be in front of rear axle to be able to run without a fuel cell. That's a prob for some cars like the RX7.
    Greg so if you have a its rx7 with a stock tank and no fuel cell it is not able to be run in stl?
    1987 ITS RX-7
    2014 Ford Focus ST
    Currently borrowing tow vehicles!!

Central Carolina Region

STEELERS SIX PACK!!

Quote Originally Posted by cjb25hs View Post
    Greg so if you have a its rx7 with a stock tank and no fuel cell it is not able to be run in stl?
    Not as an STL car. But if you're 100% ITS compliant then you can run under the IT allowance clause.

- GA

Sorry if this is covered in the rules (which I didn't read), but how does an entrant declare and indicate whether the car is entered per the ST specs or per the IT specs?
    Marty Doane
    ITS RX-7 #13 (sold)
    2016 Winnebago Journey (home)

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle7 View Post
    Sorry if this is covered in the rules (which I didn't read), but how does an entrant declare and indicate whether the car is entered per the ST specs or per the IT specs?
    There is no specific requirement. But I recommend making your "STL" as bold as possible on the car for T&S, and then put a small "ITA" next to the required weight number. In the end, vehicle compliance to the prep regs is pretty much a peer-reviewed process and we leave it up to your competitors to pretty much verify you meet the regs. All Tech cares about as you go across he scales is the number you put on there.

- GA

Default ITA/STL Compliance

I'm planning for the 2014 season, to try to qualify for the Runoffs @ Laguna Seca (I'm an SF Region driver). I race an ITA prepped RX7. Just for clarification, if I leave my car alone (it is ITA compliant) do I need a fuel cell and the cross-dash rollcage bar? Reading the GCR, it's not exactly crystal clear. Thanks, in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by braddressen View Post
    ...if I leave my car alone (it is ITA compliant) do I need a fuel cell and the cross-dash rollcage bar?
    Nope. If you are 100% compliant to ITA specs, then you are 100% compliant to run STL.

- GA