Thread: Specific ITA to STL requirements?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Sorry if this is covered in the rules (which I didn't read), but how does an entrant declare and indicate whether the car is entered per the ST specs or per the IT specs?
    Marty Doane
    ITS RX-7 #13 (sold)
    2016 Winnebago Journey (home)

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle7 View Post
    Sorry if this is covered in the rules (which I didn't read), but how does an entrant declare and indicate whether the car is entered per the ST specs or per the IT specs?
    There is no specific requirement. But I recommend making your "STL" as bold as possible on the car for T&S, and then put a small "ITA" next to the required weight number. In the end, vehicle compliance to the prep regs is pretty much a peer-reviewed process and we leave it up to your competitors to pretty much verify you meet the regs. All Tech cares about as you go across he scales is the number you put on there.

- GA

Default ITA/STL Compliance

I'm planning for the 2014 season, to try to qualify for the Runoffs @ Laguna Seca (I'm an SF Region driver). I race an ITA prepped RX7. Just for clarification, if I leave my car alone (it is ITA compliant) do I need a fuel cell and the cross-dash rollcage bar? Reading the GCR, it's not exactly crystal clear. Thanks, in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by braddressen View Post
    ...if I leave my car alone (it is ITA compliant) do I need a fuel cell and the cross-dash rollcage bar?
    Nope. If you are 100% compliant to ITA specs, then you are 100% compliant to run STL.

- GA