Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Miata 1.6 Torsen

I have seen a lot of tech guys in 30yrs. Never have I met one that would assign points for a slower part. I cant remember ever having points assigned for missing headlights, washer bottles, welded shifter bushings,etc .Just doesnt happen .
    The tech may say to "please correct this for next race ."

Really have never seen much looked at regional level. Plates and weight is about it. NASA has looked at exhaust manifolds on the SM . But not SCCA.

The fellow racers are people that you have to please. We ultimately enforce the rules that affect us.
    This is a club or pretty nice and reasonable people overall. Just dont be 10# underweight..
    Mike Ogren , FWDracingguide.com, 352.4288.983 ,http://www.ogren-engineering.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Flyinglizard View Post
    Really have never seen much looked at regional level. Plates and weight is about it. NASA has looked at exhaust manifolds on the SM . But not SCCA.
    I have seen everything from fuel samples to wheel weights checked (SM), it's regionally dependent.

This is a club or pretty nice and reasonable people overall. Just dont be 10# underweight..
    Again, regionally dependent. Some of the tighter races, I have seen lots of paper thrown in mechanical protests. Some won, some lost.
    Enjoy,
    Bill

when a protest is registered it's on. when tech looks your car over after a race, they tend not to get nit picky about model specific parts with mixed make classes. SM or the like? yeah, they might check a final gear ratio, axles, shock PNs, etc...

VERY rare in my experience to see a very invasive tech in IT. ATL region was known for it for a while, maybe just a halo effect from the ARRC.

Quote Originally Posted by Flyinglizard View Post
    I have seen a lot of tech guys in 30yrs. Never have I met one that would assign points for a slower part. I cant remember ever having points assigned for missing headlights, washer bottles, welded shifter bushings,etc .Just doesnt happen .
    The tech may say to "please correct this for next race ."
    A DQ for non-compliant parts comes with automatic point(s), doesn't it?
    -----------------------
    Jarrod Igou
    ITR/STU BMW 325i, #92
    Des Moines Valley Region

Jarrod

A DQ for non-compliant parts comes with automatic point(s), doesn't it?
    Depends - If done by the Chief Steward with a CSA, No; If done by the SOM with an RFA, Yes

Terry