Have a '03 MINI Cooper that I autox in Street Touring class. Rules allow for replacing rear lateral links with adjustables for setting camber and toe. I plan to take my MINI into IT in the future and need clarification.

If I read the IT rules correctly, on a trailing arm independent rear suspension you can only adjust rear camber and toe using offset bushings or slotting the mounting points.

My question for everyone is: Are my adjustable lateral links IT legal, and if not is this a rule other racers would like to see changed???

My concern is that the MINI's stock lateral links are famously weak. I have seen accounts of them snapping on cars that are simply daily driven. I would refuse to track my car without replacements. Also, slotting seems like a major hassle that could potentialy weaken mounting points and not all that easily done.

If cost is the primary motivation behind this rule, I can tell you that bushings for this car are more expensive than many aftermarket links, and I would probably f#$% up the slotting and would need repairing.

It is just so much easier to use bolt-on adjustable links!!!

Thanks!