Quote Originally Posted by JeffYoung View Post
I can say with pretty near to 100% assurance that THIS ITAC is not going to approved modified or alternate upper links.

That said, take a close look at the rules on traction bars and see if that helps you.....
Quote Originally Posted by ShelbyRacer View Post
I'd be careful in making such statements.

As the newest member of the ITAC, I can only speak for the short-term past, but I'd say that the likelihood of getting this type of modification, even for one car, even if it's legal in B-spec, is extremely low. We will certainly discuss each letter individually on its merits and consequences, so there's no harm in sending something in, but I wouldn't want anyone thinking that the rules and allowances in one class would directly transfer to another, even when going "up through" the categories.

As others have said, an allowance for alternate suspension pieces is a fundamental step away from the basic philosophy of the class (a phrase for which I have a new respect). There are many individual or systemic cases of parts that are "unsafe" unless replaced, and yet there are racers that manage to run those cars with some success by realizing a shorter maintenance interval or a careful periodic inspection process.

A side note---

Considering that I've driven an SSC Mini at a few hillclimbs (held class record at one hill), and that same car was routinely driven by multiple drivers at each event, I'd be skeptical that the suspension parts are that fragile. Said car has over 100K miles on it currently (obviously street driven- in NJ and PA in addition to being raced) and is still climbing away.
As a former ITAC member, thanks guys!
(And I agree. if I were still on board, i'd vote "no".)