Thread: Adjustable Rear Lateral Links

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Well, I checked some online parts resources for any changes in part numbers between the 2002 thru 2006 model runs. No differences shown. I searched for any related recalls and technical service bulletins with no luck. I called the MINI parts counter at the local dealership. They were not aware of any upgraded parts, and their computers showed the same part number for all models.

It looks like I will put this on the back burner for now. Thanks for everyone's input!
    Paul Moylan
    03 Mini Cooper
    KCR SCCA

Asking for a vehicle specific allowance to reinforce the stock arms would probably be an easier sell than aftermarket performance arms with added adjustability. That said, there could be some update/backdate parts from the last model years of the first gen Mini that would help. I know there was an aluminum rear lower arm available on some of the Cooper Works cars that was stock in dimension but better material. A similar part was incorporated on the next gereration cars.
    Tom Broring
    Wash DC Region
    ITA Nissan Sentra SER
    HP Triumph Spitfire
    HP VW Rabbit

I can say with pretty near to 100% assurance that THIS ITAC is not going to approved modified or alternate upper links.

That said, take a close look at the rules on traction bars and see if that helps you.....
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8