Thread: Spring Tech in MA or NH?

Default Spring Tech in MA or NH?

is there a tech inspection at 3D autoworks this year

As of right now there is not an annual tech meet scheduled. The basic issue was that with annuals spread out over a calendar year now, these events turned out to mostly be inspectors sitting around shooting the s**t all day without too many customers...

Where are you located, Russ?

- GA

As Greg said the demand was pretty low, but there are a few guys like Greg and I who are willing to do cars by appointment if you bring the cars to us. Just ask and tell us where you live and we will see what we can do.
    By the way another big reason we are not doing this is NER no longer has a single full time tech inspector. Every event except one this year is being chiefed by an active racer taking a weekend off to work the event so people get to race.
    I am chiefing the April event at NHMS so if any of you are not racing and would like to volunteer to work and learn the wonderful world of scruitineering I will be happy to have you, just drop me an email at patullo(at)Verizon(dot)net.
    dick patullo
    ner scca IT7 Rx7

What he said. I'm in Middletown CT (only a few miles from Kessler's shop in Berlin) and are willing to help out any weeknights or weekends I'm free.

Something racers might consider is bringing their cars to Tech at the track during the year, prior to their car being due for an annual. Things tend to slow down mid-day over the weekend and you can get an annual done pretty quickly while you're already at the track. Just walk over, tell us you'd like to get an annual, and ask when's a good time to drive it by. Unless we're handling post-race tech, that answer is usually "now's a good time". Or, leave the car at Tech after your session and have someone bring the logbook by.

No need to wait for the beginning of the year, as your annual is now good for 12 months, regardless of when during the year you get it done.

- GA

Dick - Will you be at NHIS for the April Friday test day? Wondering if I could get my annual done at that time.

Quote Originally Posted by Russ Jones View Post
    Dick - Will you be at NHIS for the April Friday test day? Wondering if I could get my annual done at that time.
    My intent is to get up there around lunch time and get Tech set up and do any annuals that I can during the afternoon.
    Then of course tech is supposed to be open for a couple of hours Friday night subject to staffing availability so I could do it then, but we have committed to express tech at registration Friday night for sure so if I do not have help that is the priority and tech will not open.
    So the answer is sure, it should not be a problem but you never know if I can’t get there early and have no help you may be in line Saturday morning.
    dick patullo
    ner scca IT7 Rx7

i know of one other guy that would like his car teched before the event, can we come to you on a Sat/Sun in early April? If so can you email me with directions [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by Russ Jones View Post
    i know of one other guy that would like his car teched before the event, can we come to you on a Sat/Sun in early April? If so can you email me with directions [email protected]
    Sure, but where are you I might find someone closer?
    dick patullo
    ner scca IT7 Rx7

north of Boston near MA/NH line.