Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The end of the world?

Default The end of the world?

Well I put on my Tech hat this morning and issued a brandy new log book for what may be the first in the country ITR Corvette. Very neat a tidy build but I would expect nothing less from Brian.
    dick patullo
    ner scca IT7 Rx7

I knew we classed that car for a reason, glad to hear it's ready to go!

Definitely NOT the end of the world.

Would be nice to get that 'extra' 50lbs back for DW's in ITR...

Last edited by Andy Bettencourt; 03-23-2013 at 02:15 PM.
    Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region 188967

Sweet. Reminds me of the old Corvette Challenge cars...and I bet the prep level is pretty similar. - GA

That's a nice car right there and I bet it'll be a hell of a car to beat in ITR. Beautiful, and I ain't no Corvette lover by a long shot. Would love to see more detail pictures.

Nice build. Quit bitchin' about the 50 lbs and go develop/drive the car.

What's up with that exhaust?????
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

Was thinking the same thing about the exhaust.....hopefully it isn't wearing some off the shelf headers too.....

Is this Corvette going to run in the Northeast ? Someone to finally give Dave Maynard some competition ?

Maybe he is going to need that new built motor that he is putting in the orange BMW.

Abhi

Quote Originally Posted by Abhi View Post
    Is this Corvette going to run in the Northeast ? Someone to finally give Dave Maynard some competition ?

Maybe he is going to need that new built motor that he is putting in the orange BMW.

Abhi
    I was at Daves place the other day... That orange BMW is going to be VERY fast this year...

Stephen

Brian said he expects to be at NHMS in April. While it looks like a nice build I would certainly thing it will take some development.
    dick patullo
    ner scca IT7 Rx7

Ermagad!!!

Very nice, will be fun to see that beast pounding 'round the track. Almost makes me want to build one too...
    Vaughan Scott
    Detroit Region #280052
    '79 924 #77 ITB
    #65 Hidari Firefly P2
    www.vaughanscott.com

Quote Originally Posted by dickita15 View Post
    Brian said he expects to be at NHMS in April. While it looks like a nice build I would certainly thing it will take some development.
    It will take development but the challenge is enjoyable. It is cool to see something new emerge in IT.

Far from off-the-shelf headers. Brian did a TON of research on that side of the build. He actually worked for Kim Baker back in the day...
    Andy Bettencourt

Hey Everyone,
    thanks again to Dick for coming by to issue the logbook.The Corvette is officially a race car which is a nice point to be at after a long build!Thanks to Andy also for his efforts to get it classified.
    The headers are Bassani TRI Y headers that were developed for the C4 with good results. The 1 5/8" primaries to 2.5" at the collectors I think will work best with the restrictive TBI intake.
    The big questions right now are whether the TBI motor can be responsive and produce competitive power and whether the smaller 84 brakes can slow down 3200# quickly... otherwise there is allot of upside to the car...
    Will find out soon...cant wait!

Brian Bagnall
    #3 ITR Corvette
    NER

It's a great build, I really like this car.

I wouldn't rely on any conventional wisdom with this car and the exhaust, which in my opinion will be absolutely key to getting it to rev some and actually make some power out of the torque.

No offense at all, but even with the rudimentary knowledge I developed with my motor (which has similar restrictions on the intake side) it's hard to believe pipe lengths out the back like that with mufflers that far back make sense.

I'd definitely pull out the Pipemax or Headerdesign programs or talk to Burns. IT builds are really like nothing else out there. I shifted my torque peak up a few hundred RPM by working with Burns and it made all the difference in the world in peak power.
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

Thanks Jeff, the picture of the car was at a muffled event at Lime Rock.The system on the car i believe is in the right direction but time will tell whats best.
    It's a whole new world

Also, it doubles as a RallyCross car - look at the altitude of the back end!

(Just giving grief to my good friend Bags. : ) )

Steve Ulfelder
    Author of Purgatory Chasm and The Whole Lie
    www.ulfelder.com

Hey Steve,
    Its valuable advertising space when its up in the air like that! Got a new book coming out?

Spring suppliers and choices are very limited.
    Andy Bettencourt

www.coilsprings.com Call, don't email, and ask to speak to an engineer. They'll try to ask you car type, etc., just tell them it is for a one-off car project from the get go and cut through the tape.

They will wind any diameter spring with rate and end of your choosing for reasonable money. I have used them extensively over the years with the oddball cars I've done; Jensen, Torino, and the Mustang. Clearly the latter two were more successful than the former.....
    Last edited by Ron Earp; 03-25-2013 at 09:09 AM.