Thread: Pre paying for the season...

Default Pre paying for the season...

So every pro racing series that I know of has a season price and often a partial season price. Does anyone think something like this would work within some of our regional series, like NARRC or maybe something like NERRC that is only administered by NER? It would potentially be helpful for the regions to plan attendance, drivers may be more likely to participate since the cost part of entries is out of the way earlier, gives the perception of lower costs and takes some of the burden away during the summer months.

Thoughts?
    Stephen

Tax return money! Oh wait, my wife took that to redo her kitchen

Good idea though IMO but withsomething like that I would like to see non refundable entries sold to a team or member who if chooses not to race (car issues) could give/sell the entry to someone else.

Raymond
    RST Performance Racing
    www.rstperformance.com

We do offer that option at Waterford for the season/series...
    Vaughan Scott
    Detroit Region #280052
    '79 924 #77 ITB
    #65 Hidari Firefly P2
    www.vaughanscott.com

I decide to go to races, on average, two weeks prior. As a result, I would not likely pre-pay for anything, at any discount. - GA

No way do I want to pre-pay for events much in advance. Waaaaay too many things can impact whether or not I choose to attend which aren't determined till closer to the time. One is even if the car still is able to enter.
    Dave Gran
    Real Roads, Real Car Guys – Real World Road Tests
    Go Ahead - Take the Wheel's Free Guide to Racing

Also think about the extra work that is required from our VOLUNTEERS to manage this. Though having a "credit" on motorsportsreg.com might be an option as well.
    Demetrius Mossaidis aka 'Mickey' #12 ITA NESCCA
    '92 Honda Civic Si
    STFU and "Then write a letter. www.crbscca.com"
    2013 ITA NARRC Champion and I have not raced since.

We/NER basically charge no more than what it cost to run an event.
    If we at anytime have to offer discounts it would have to be factored into everyones fee!
    So if I have to give you $10. off I would have to get that money from everyone entering the event.
    Jerry
    NER South

Just an idea...

I thought of it because I spoke to someone the other day that implied they think it drives car counts up because of the commitment they are getting. But that is with pro money/commitment and certainly not the typical funds most of us have . I was thinking it may work with something like the pro it stuff as well.

I would think some of the rental people would take advantage of it and then try a bit harder to fill each seat that they pre paid for.

Just an idea