Quote Originally Posted by Tom Donnelly View Post
Ok, this past weekend at the Road Atlanta Pro-IT post race impound, it was announced that there just might not be a Pro-IT at the next event. Or ever.

They were asking for feedback on increasing car counts.

I personally like the Pro-IT's and the car counts for other than SM are getting really thin.

Why? I dunno. We get the car counts back up and there's more money involved. And we were told there's a chance for increased sponsor money if the counts went up.

Is anybody else going to miss the Pro-IT?

And if so, how can we prevent its demise?
I think it is a victim of poor choice for Atlanta race weekends more than anything (not knocking Atlanta region, I know they are boxed in). Atlanta used to have "traditional" SARRC/PRO-IT dates in what, May and Labor Day? And those attracted big fields from all over the SEDiv. Now, as those dates have moved around, and the "big" regional weekend at RA is in the middle of July, the attractiveness of a long tow has declined.

I doubt PRO-IT can survive without a large traveling SARRC contingent. That is how the pro series in NC and SC make it work.

One thing I raised a few years ago was to try to combine PRO-IT with the pro series (only one at the time) over this way in NC. Maybe what would help get people to tow.