Quote Originally Posted by Ron Earp View Post
Sure, this series isn't your preference but what I'm asking is for people to think of the larger picture and health of club racing.

*I believe most racers would like a series that exists at all the tracks they visit. In general I see the same people at the tracks I run and I bet an informal paddock poll would reveal they don't care to have five stickers all over their cars for five different series, particularly when one that is contiguous across the region would do.

*A series that would replace ECR/ProIT/CCPs/THC would bring the regions together, one would hope. Right now I don't see a lot of cohesiveness between the NCR, SCR, CCR, BCR, and Road Africa regions. Each does their own thing. Hell, I frankly don't know why we need five regions (there are actually more) in an area 300 miles wide, but what do I know.

*I believe that the club could benefit from embracing a larger pool of racers with the NCR SCCA's ITE rule set and a specific allowance for safe LeChump cars. There are many benefits to this approach but an obvious one is that it might get some new blood into the SCCA. I don't know what our average age is but I ain't young and you're racing on social security.

*And it'd be cool.

Heck, maybe in some way tie it to the ARRC, or called it the ARRC series, and bring back meaning to the ARRC.
Make it so. Write up a proposal for a 1 hour race series to replace the ECR and other non-SARRC races and let's see if we can get any interest in the northern half ot the SEDiv.

1 hour races
Sedans/productin based cars only (including as you note ITE and safe Chumpemons cars, no SRFs)
One 3 min pit stop
VIR, CMP, Charlotte, Road Atlanta, Roebling

Sell it to the PRO IT, THC and CCPS admins first.