Thread: march memories

Default march memories

how was the IT race ? missed it due to disassebled car

hear rumor the fords were fast

Plucker

Times are up on Mylaps. I heard the Integra was faster.
    Blake Meredith

Until the crash that is .....

Quote Originally Posted by CPLUCKER View Post
    how was the IT race ? missed it due to disassebled car

hear rumor the fords were fast

Plucker
    Hey Chris, we missed you this weekend for sure. It was a good weekend and there were some fast cars there but not all Fords.

Zsolt's ITS Integra was the show stopper in ITS. Trevor turned not just one, but a string of 2:14s in the ECR during the middle of the day. Well driven, well-setup, and the car has power. Trever and Zsolt would have won the ECR but they had some bad luck and lost the front left hub. They've built a great car though and will be back. Team Mustang was still in the hunt though and we took a #1 and #2 in the ECR with a Earp/Giordano and Young/Mitchell ECR driver lineup.

I can't remember the Sunday SARRC qualifying grid but it shook out as Earp, Jeff Giordano, Chuck Hines, and Russ Boatwright on the green. There were many non-starters in ITS, including Jeff Young and Zsolt. Anyhow, Chuck got me in T1 leaving a Jeff G, Chuck, Earp, Russ running order that lasted a few laps. Russ was gaining on me though as I didn't have the power to hold him off on the long back straight and he passed me going into roller coaster.

A lap or two later the Chuck, Jeff G, Russ, Earp lineup (I was far back) was coming into Hog's Pen and encountered mud and straw all across the track. No debris flags as it had just happened and Chuck could do nothing but drive right into it. He went off track left at no fault of his own, everyone else got sideways but managed to more or less stay on track. That left a Jeff G, Russ, Earp ITS lineup and that was the finish. Jeff G and Russ had similar laptimes with high 15s, a best for team Mustang and a testament to Jeff Gs driving and car setup.

Mike Sperber's ITA Ford Focus was running really well all weekend and it is very fast. It takes me a good while to run that car down on the back straight and it is visibly fast compared to other ITA cars out there. Congrats to Mike and his crew.

Tell you what, those MX5 cars are going to be a force in ITS. They were running 12s this weekend. Woooo wheee.

So, when you coming back to the track down this way?
    Last edited by Ron Earp; 03-12-2013 at 09:41 PM.

Hey, I've been noticed). Thanks. The ITA focus is starting to come around. Winter provided time for trans rebuild and new suspension. Fri we had that other fast A. Driver Neil Harrison helping with setup, thanks Neil. We think we finally traced down the source of the engine miss, finally. We actually were able to run down that big motor fiero on the back straight. Best weekend in years, with consistent times, good qualifying times and great racing with bunches of miatas. We actually got a class pole, a win and a second place, and the car drove on the trailer under its own power. So sorry to see that intregra up in the tires, glad everyone walked away, boy was it fast passing the field, hope to see it back soon.

Mike you and Neil got that Focus setup very well. Congratulations! I like the Focus and Fiero in ITA, they're something different to look at than the ubiquitous Miata that is prevalent in club SCCA. John has that Fiero moving a lot faster than it has in previous years, good on him.

the 280 is down for a full suspension upgrade

new inverted bilstein shocks, heim jointed sway bar. spherical inserts etc.

in-cell fuel pumps so I dont have to carry 6 gallons of ballast around..

was shooting for march memories and work got in the way. should be able to do saarc mars

I will be a force to be reckoned with with 10 psi less in my tires !!

Plucker

Quote Originally Posted by SPiFF View Post
    Until the crash that is ..... <_<
    I hope the car wasn't hurt too bad?
    Steve Parrish
    57 ITS Nissan 300ZX