Thread: replacing all lines

Default replacing all lines

I am looking for any advice or direction for replacing all hard lines in my 1971 240z.
    Brake lines, fuel lines, clutch master cylinder line.
    thank you

Discount auto can get the painted steel line in rolls of 20 or25 ft.
    I use it all of the time. HTH. MM
    Mike Ogren , FWDracingguide.com, 352.4288.983 ,http://www.ogren-engineering.com/

Quote Originally Posted by dangerami View Post
    I am looking for any advice or direction for replacing all hard lines in my 1971 240z.
    Brake lines, fuel lines, clutch master cylinder line.
    thank you

If you would like lines that are pre-cut and flared to the lengths you will need you can get them from Black Dragon here: http://www.blackdragonauto.com/icata...l.aspx?Page=89 They used to sell a complete kit for the Z. You'll have to bend them yourself obviously. We had to do a few when we rebuilt our car a few years ago.
    Chris Carey

Central Florida Region
    ITS/Vintage Datsun 240Z

Favorite tool to remove undercoating---- A curb!

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car.
    Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall, torque is how far you take the wall with you."

I just replaced all the lines on a 510. Used lines from O'Reilly's and NAPA. For really tight bends Rigid makes a neat small tube bender. The hard one to find is one long enough to go from the back to the front. I had to use a coupler on a 260 I replaced the brake lines on.

If cost is no object, a place like "Classic Tube" in Lancaster, NY can duplicate any hard lines in mild steel (or stainless) perfectly.

I used them for hard brake lines on my last car (the originals were old and crusty--they were used as the pattern).

great info and assistance guys.
    Thank you very much. I have a few options because of you guys and I really appreciate the help.