Thread: Steel Cities Dbl Driver School

Default Steel Cities Dbl Driver School

Steel Cities Region SCCA
    Double Drivers School, Double Restricted Regional, & Level 2
    Club Trial
    Come to the Steel Cities Drivers School/Restricted Regional/Club Trial event in 2013! We are running a double Drivers School, double Restricted
    Regional, and a single Club Trial at Pittsburgh International Race Complex.
    Drivers who complete their School requirements are eligible to enter the
    Restricted Regional races!
    Events:
    Level 2 Club Trial (Saturday Only)
    Double Drivers School
    Double Restricted Regional (All closed wheel cars and SRF, no Sports Racers)
    Dates:
    Friday April 19th -

Tech, Registration, & Drivers School Classroom
    Saturday April 20th -
    Club Trial, Drivers School, & Restricted Regional
    Sunday April 21st -
    Drivers School & Restricted Regional
    Prices:
    Double Drivers School: $600
    Single Drivers School: $400
    Double Restricted Regional: $250
    Single Restricted Regional: $200
    Club Trial: $160
    Pittsburgh International Race Complex (PIRC)
    201 Penndale Road
    Wampum, PA 16157
    www.pittrace.com
    Workers:
    BBQ Dinner Party on Saturday Evening
    Worker Prizes & Giveaways

Should be Live on Motorsportsreg.com in the next couple of days.. Any questions please PM me..
    AJ Anselm
    BMW 318 E prod

Competition Chair for Steel Cities
    stcscca.com

AJ Anselm
    BMW 318 E prod

stcscca.com

Default from the Race Chair

Steel Cities Region SCCA
    Double Drivers School, Double Restricted Regional, & Level 2
    Club Trial

Happy Spring! On behalf of the Steel Cities Region we hope that you have stayed warm all winter and are ready to race in 2013! We have a unique event coming up in April and we’d love to see you there. We are running a double Drivers School, double Restricted
    Regional, and a single Club Trial at the Pittsburgh International Race Complex. What’s so unique about this is that students who complete their Drivers School requirements are eligible to enter the Restricted Regional races!

Events:
    Level 2 Club Trial (Saturday Only)
    Double Drivers School
    Double Restricted Regional (All closed wheel cars and SRF, no Sports Racers)

Dates:
    Friday April 19th - Tech, Registration, & Drivers School Classroom (Classroom Session at 7PM)
    Saturday April 20th - Club Trial, Drivers School, & Restricted Regional
    Sunday April 21st - Drivers School & Restricted Regional

Prices:
    Double Drivers School: $600
    Single Drivers School: $400
    Double Restricted Regional: $250
    Single Restricted Regional: $200
    Club Trial: $160

Pittsburgh International Race Complex (PIRC)
    201 Penndale Road
    Wampum, PA 16157
    www.pittrace.com

Workers:
    BBQ Dinner Party on Saturday Evening
    Worker Prizes & Giveaways
    $75 Discount on Restricted Regional Entry Fees for Instructors

For more information visit www.steelcities-scca.org or contact:

Dave Heinz, Race Chair
    (412)-596-7092
    [email protected]

Beth Anselm, Chief Registrar
    (412)-831-0361
    [email protected]

Hope to see you there!
    Steel Cities SCCA Competition Board
    A.J. Anselm
    Adam Reichbaum
    Dave Heinz
    AJ Anselm
    BMW 318 E prod

stcscca.com

Got an email from Mark that you guys are looking for instructors. Could that $75.00 be applied toward the national weekend this year? Or just the regional? Still have to check my schedule that weekend to see if I have to work at my regular job but should know fairly soon
    Greg Vandersluis
    #4 1990 Honda Civic Si
    #97 2003 Chevrolet Corvette Z06
    #93 2006 Ford Mustang
    Carbotech/BFGoodrich/Vandersluis Motorsports
    2010 Great Lakes Division ITA Champion
    2012 Great Lakes Division T1 Champion

16 days until this Event, there are 12 entries for the club trial we have space for 20, 18 for each day of the double regional we have space for 35. there are only 6 students at this time, late fee kicks in as of this Friday..
    @ ITA_honda pm sent.
    AJ Anselm
    BMW 318 E prod

stcscca.com

I wonder about the effect of Saturday's race grid being set by entry date on entries. I assume you choose this to encourage early entry? But it does have a downside for late entries. Someone looking to enter now sees they'll be grided 19th and thinks Saturday will be a bit of a waste.

Any thought to converting Saturday's practice to a qualifying session? I feel safe suggesting it since I have the most to lose as current polesitter.
    Jim Hardesty
    ITC 1986 Honda Civic Diablo Rojo Verde
    Never argue your tab at the end of the night. Remember, you're hammered and they’re sober.

Will talk with chief steward about this the practice on Saturday is just 10 minutes
    AJ Anselm
    BMW 318 E prod

stcscca.com

Quote Originally Posted by Aanselm View Post
    16 days until this Event, there are 12 entries for the club trial we have space for 20, 18 for each day of the double regional we have space for 35. there are only 6 students at this time, late fee kicks in as of this Friday..
    @ ITA_honda pm sent.
    Sounds/looks like a bunch of the newbs went to the recent single school @ Summit Point. A friend that participated in that school stated they had 48 cars.

Will talk with chief steward about this the practice on Saturday is just 10 minutes
    For those of us that have never driven PIRC, we need all the "practice" time we can get.
    Dan
    2010, 2011, 2012 & 2013 Great Lakes Division ITB Champion

Oh yeah, 10 minutes is short, I understand. We've done similar at Nelson before. You only get 1-2 good laps so there is a lot of luck involved. But I'm not worried about the fairness per se. I'm worried about discouraging late entries.

The change is only worthwhile if you can make it now. Last minute entries who will say "19th? i'm not paying for a double weekend if i don't have a chance on Saturday. and that's a long tow for a single on Sunday." There's no point in changing it the day of the event, by then you've already lost your entries.

I'm not looking to upset the apple cart, if it can't be changed now, no big deal. But I'm pretty sure when I email BillS to see why he isn't registered he'll say "19th? I'm not paying for a double if I have to start 18 cars behind you!"
    Jim Hardesty
    Never argue your tab at the end of the night. Remember, you're hammered and they’re sober.

Drivers who complete their School requirements are eligible to enter the Restricted Regional races!
    So quick newb question: does this mean if I complete the school on Saturday, I can run the Saturday and Sunday races? Or is it just meant to say if I complete the school on Saturday, I can race on Sunday?

I completed the Summit Point single school and would love to complete my school requirements AND get two races in one weekend. Kinda seems like a bridge too far though.

Thanks,
    Brian

@ jumbojimbo talk with Chief steward we will change to practice to a qualify, @bvodran if you complete your school on Saturday, yes you can run both races for the double regional.
    Last edited by Aanselm; 04-03-2013 at 07:32 AM.
    AJ Anselm
    BMW 318 E prod

stcscca.com

@ jumbojimbo talk with Chief steward we will change to practice to a qualify, @bvodran if you complete your school on Saturday, yes you can run both races for the double regional.
    That's awesome, thanks for making that happen. Better make sure I pass Saturday's school!

Thanks,

Brian
    #57 SM

There goes my chance to see the green flag from the first couple of rows. Oh well ...
    Bob Gordon, Western Ohio Region

Any chance of 2 separate run groups for the race... Gt1 car and itc with all between at the Beav or whatever it's called these days... Want to probably do a Sunday only thing.. Maybe by then it won't be a concern.....

@ gpeluso, there might be a change in the schedule, but that will not be announced until Friday night. Also for those interested in a garage at Pitt race this coming weekend there are 5 space available contact the track to arrange. Phone number is 724-535-1000, They are 75.00 plus tax per day.
    AJ Anselm
    BMW 318 E prod

stcscca.com

Thanks to all who came out this past weekend to make The Steel Cites event a great time..
    AJ Anselm
    BMW 318 E prod

stcscca.com

We had a great time and really appreciated the effort made to think outside the box and be flexible with the schedule.

Who would have thought it would be possible to have too much track time on Sunday.

For those who didn't go we ended up with this for $250 entry fee:

Saturday
    Practice
    Qualifying
    Race

Sunday
    Practice
    Qualifying 1
    Qualifying 2
    Qualifying Race
    20 lap race

My butt is literally sore today.
    Jim Hardesty

Agreed, GREAT WEEKEND!!!! Between the drivers school on Saturday and the regional on Sunday, I clocked over 275 on track this weekend.

Major thank you'd to the entire Steel Cities region and all the volunteers who made this weekend happen and helped me realize a life long dream.

And also thanks to the itc guys who didn't mind (at least too much) me mixing it up with them in my first races. I had a blast. Hope I was clean and didn't mess up your races.

Thanks,

Brian
    57SM

We don't like being passed and it did mess our races up, but multi-class racing is what it is. I'm sure you don't like having us swarm around you like bees in 2-5 and then sit there like a stone coming out of 7.

It seemed to me that most people were being more polite than usual just because of the nature of the weekend. Some people even seemed to notice that ITC 1-2 were side by side and layed off a little, which we really really appreciate. We try to stay out of the way as much as possible too, hopefully we were successful.

Am I correct in thinking there was no crash damage over the weekend? I saw some cars break but I do not think I saw any cars come in damaged.
    Jim Hardesty

Well I do apologize for messing with your race, I don't ever want to be "that" guy. I would prefer to be safe and clean and it is important to me what other people think of my driving/attitude. (On edit, what I mean is that I'm respectful of others and I earn other drivers respect. I don't want people to say "crap, bvondran's in our race group again.)

I believe it was a clean weekend. There were a few pricey mechanicals, but I don't recall a single accident. How many weekends can you say that about?

Thanks,
    Brian
    Last edited by bvondran; 04-23-2013 at 05:29 PM.