Thread: Newbie needing direction

Default Newbie needing direction

Hello All,
    I have purchased a SCCA IT S class 1971 240z which was last raced and inspected in 1991.
    Im looking for someone to possibly view the car and tell me what I need to address.
    Does anyone provide this service here?

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Dean

Where's here? John Williams would be the guy if you are in the Atlanta area. He races a 240Z in ITS, maintains other racers 240Z's, builds, repairs, etc.
    David Plott
    Atlanta Region #289721
    #54 1973 Datsun 240Z
    Mount Juliet, TN

You've definitely come to the right forum, now you need to tell us where you/the car are located so we can help you out..
    Houston Region
    STU Nissan 240SX
    EProd RX7

I am new to this forum.
    Hello All....
    I am looking for assistance in inspecting my 1970 240Z for the ITS class.

My car is located in Windsor, CT and I would appreciate if someone could come view my car to assist me in understanding what needs to be done.
    The last time this car was raced and inspected was in 1991 per the log book.

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Dean
    From another thread. Dean, I suggest you get hold of Greg Amy or Dick Patullo per your earlier post that Greg responded to.
    Greg Amy said
    I live in Middletown and Dick Patullo lives in Springfield, so you're about halfway between us. What is your timeframe for getting this car back on the track? I won't be able to help you for at least a couple weeks...

What class did it run in '91? If it has a current SCCA logbook then some things you'll want to ensure is that it meets Appendix I rollcage requirements (e.g., door bars and main roll cage hoop supports), steering lock, towing eyes, racing seats/seatback support, belts, SFI window net (drop DOWN, not UP), kill switch, fuel test port, things like that.

Send an email to grega at pobox dot com and we'll can see what we can do for you.

Greg

Paul
    Paul Ballance
    Tennessee Valley Region (yeah it's in Alabama)
    ITS '72
    1972 240Z
    "Experience is what you get when you're expecting something else." unknown

Hey Dean,
    Welcome to IT. There are a few of use in Central CT that are available for any questions or help. Do you have your SCCA license? If not, I can help yo uthrough the process. Feel free to PM me or e-mail at jlawton at echn.org
    Jeff L

ITA Miata

2010 NARRC Champion

2007 NERRC Championship, 2nd place
    2008 NARRC Championship, 2nd place
    2009 NARRC Championship, 2nd place

The car is located in windsor ct.
    My time frame is asap as I dont have my scca license yet and would like to attend the lime rock june program for IT S school.

Thank you to all that have responded. I am very excited to be involved in this sport and look forward to meeting and making new friends.

Dean

My time frame is asap as I dont have my scca license yet and would like to attend the lime rock june program for IT S school.
    There are two other drivers school in the Northeast Division - Summit Point on 23-24 March and NJMP on 6-7 April - which are a little farther but much sooner. If your car is ready, you may want to consider one or both of them to get a jump on the season.

Terry

Quote Originally Posted by Terry Hanushek View Post
    Dean

There are two other drivers school in the Northeast Division - Summit Point on 23-24 March and NJMP on 6-7 April - which are a little farther but much sooner. If your car is ready, you may want to consider one or both of them to get a jump on the season.

Terry
    Also New Hampshire on May 24th.
    Jeff L

ITA Miata

2010 NARRC Champion

2007 NERRC Championship, 2nd place
    2008 NARRC Championship, 2nd place
    2009 NARRC Championship, 2nd place

Take it from my own experience, if you wait until June for the Lime Rock school, you'll have a really hard time getting that second school in. I did an alternative school at Watkins Glen in July. Otherwise, I would have needed to wait until October. (From some discussions we've had in the Glen region, that may not be an option this year.) If you can, hit up one of the other schools earlier in the year and get racing!
    Kyle C
    #69 ITA Honda CRX
    Glen Region Timing & Scoring Chief

I think Pittsburgh will have an April School. Heed the advice about getting your schools early !

looks like i have my work cut out for me. Thank you all for your assistance.

Wish me luck...
    Dean

Quote Originally Posted by dangerami View Post
    looks like i have my work cut out for me.

I sent Dean a list of all the safety rules changes since 1991...we'll help him get through it.

Dean, if you need guidance/help/suggestions do send me a note. Be glad to help any way I can.

- GA