Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The NEDiv "Redbook" -- leading to cleaner racing in the division

Although it can sometimes appear to be picking on a specific driver I think the red book is a good idea. I know of times in the past when drivers asked the stewards to keep eye on a specific driver for poor driving. That does get relayed to the corners if the stewards feel there is a reason.
    Whenever the corner stations call in contact they are asked - "In you opinion what was the cause?" Obviously we can only base our answer on the part of the track we see. We won't know how the two drivers have been interacting in other places around the track that may have led up to the incident at our corner. So it is just our view. I know you drivers understand this is all we can provide. So many times we are not sure if there is contact and don't want to falsely accuse drivers of contact so we won't call in possible contact.
    Here's to a great 2013!
    Marianne
    For the fun of it!

Quote Originally Posted by vicktorvolpe View Post
    Why do I feel like a certain red honda civic is going to wind up in this red book?
    Doubtful... I think Ginsberg is planning on using the car only once this year.

Maybe the stewards are going to be serious about driving infractions from now on. All I know is that out of 5 protests where I (1) or a close friend were involved (4), these were the outcomes:

1. "Do you really need to file paper on this? Why don't you go iron it out between the two of you" which resulted in the hitting driving offering to help fix the hit car and then never showing up. (Next morning -Sorry, but the time limit has expired on your protest)
    2. A driver on probation driving into another car, the SoMs finding that driver was at fault and imposing no penalty (rectified by the CoA)
    3. A pass under a standing yellow caught on my video and confirmed by the driver being passed (insufficient proof).
    4. A driver in a non-ITB car dive-bombing the ITB leaders that had just passed him, spinning, failing to put both feet in and clobbering one of the lead cars. (Insufficient proof.)
    5. A tussle in the chute on a 1-lap warm-up session where one driver was (correctly) dinged for not being aware and the other dinged (correctly) for being overly aggressive.