Thread: question on make and model

Default question on make and model

just a general question what is a better chassie and motor combo? E36 2.5/ 2.8 or the E46 2.5/ 2.8 Im always in the market for ideas! LOL As everybody knows the corrado is for sale and in the market for a BMW just need to know what is the better option. I have to beat Stephen in his RX8 with something German and the corrado just aint gonna do it

E36 325 is the easy button. known chassis, known engine, used examples from some of the best builders of the marque are out there, and if you get a lesser used or build new, can help you get to that level.

the E46 certainly has greater strengths, but I don't think they're greater enough to overcome the known quantity of the E36.

ok what about milage? I know im gonna be building a "race motor" but is there a death milage with these motors? Im trying to educate myself as much as posable but we have a ton of info on the RX8 and im trying to compare the 2 as which one to build. Sorry if the questions seem funny to people but lookin for honest answers about the car " cars" thanks

I can't help you with the mileage question. I'd think it's more about maintenance and whatnot. cooling systems are particularly troubling on BMWs, so make sure what you get has good maintenance records and is in good shape. If I had to choose, it'd be BMW all day over the RX8, but I think either can be a stout car in R.

E46 325 IMHO. Better chassis, find a coupe and look bad-ass. From what I understand, the 325 has better power potential within the IT rules. I think the 328's intake doesn't flow as well and the typical BMWCCA fix is to mix and match stuff we can't.
    Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region 188967