NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

Uh, its mam.
    dick patullo
    ner scca IT7 Rx7

Quote Originally Posted by dickita15 View Post
    Uh, its mam.
    Actually, it's "Pam".

ST guys - letter 10200 calls the 4AGZE a 1500, it's 1600 like all toyota 4A motors. nice addition though. and holly sh!tballs, 600# off of the Cooper S???? wow.

anyone else having trouble with the Minutes link?
    Last edited by Chip42; 02-12-2013 at 10:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chip42 View Post
    ST guys - letter 10200 calls the 4AGZE a 1500, it's 1600 like all toyota 4A motors. nice addition though. and holly sh!tballs, 600# off of the Cooper S???? wow.

Should read 1587cc. That was a request for someone to be able to stuff the SC engine into a first-gen MR2. We've sent him a note, asking if he wants an alternate crank or supercharger pulley...need to know what's available.

Minutes do not work for me. I sent an email to Pam and John Bauer.

- GA

I don't get the CamaroBird listings. In 83-84, they had 190hp. In 85 the TPI option bumped to 215hp...then back down to 190hp in 86.

So I get the weight based on 190hp as long as the info is there to support that there was no 215hp car ever.

190*1.3*11.25=2778.78 rounded to 2780. How do we get to 2890? 110lbs for torque? Weird number.

And are we allowing the TPI setup? Because the TPI setup was never offered on manual transmission cars in these years. 1987 was the first year for the 5-speed mated to the 305HO stuff. Truly a car that was never made by the factory.

Or am I getting stuff mixed up?
    Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region 188967

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Bettencourt View Post
    I don't get the CamaroBird listings. In 83-84, they had 190hp. In 85 the TPI option bumped to 215hp...then back down to 190hp in 86.

So I get the weight based on 190hp as long as the info is there to support that there was no 215hp car ever.

190*1.3*11.25=2778.78 rounded to 2780. How do we get to 2890? 110lbs for torque? Weird number.

And are we allowing the TPI setup? Because the TPI setup was never offered on manual transmission cars in these years. 1987 was the first year for the 5-speed mated to the 305HO stuff. Truly a car that was never made by the factory.

Or am I getting stuff mixed up?
    The H.O. Carbed 305 was available from 83-86. The Notes should say "fuel injection not allowed". If not, that was an oversight on our part.

As for the number- dammit my math was wrong.

190hp x 1.30 x 11.25 = 2778.75 + 150 (TQ) – 50 (Live axle) = 2890 lb

Should be 2880.

I'll get this out to the ITAC and CRB and see what we can do about correcting it.

Sorry.
    Matt Green

ITAC Member- 2012-??
    Tire Shaver at TreadZone- www.treadzone.com
    #96 Dodge Shelby Charger ITB- Mine, mine, all mine!
    I was around when they actually improved Improved Touring! (and now I'm trying not to mess it up!)

Look for the cooper stuff next month. Didn't get it in in time.
    Chris "The Cat Killer" Childs
    Angry Sheep Motorsports
    810 417 7777
    angrysheepmotorsports.com

IT,SM,SS,Touring, and Super Touring

Quote Originally Posted by ShelbyRacer View Post
    The H.O. Carbed 305 was available from 83-86. The Notes should say "fuel injection not allowed". If not, that was an oversight on our part.

As for the number- dammit my math was wrong.

190hp x 1.30 x 11.25 = 2778.75 + 150 (TQ) – 50 (Live axle) = 2890 lb

Should be 2880.

I'll get this out to the ITAC and CRB and see what we can do about correcting it.

Sorry.
    Perfect explanation. Thanks! Nothing in the notes section regarding the FI.
    Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region 188967

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Bettencourt View Post
    Perfect explanation. Thanks! Nothing in the notes section regarding the FI.
    Dat's why we get da prelims!

camaro notes is my mistake.

tGA, the SC 4AGZE CAME in the 1st gen MR2 in 88-89. not common but they exist, no "stuffing" needed . tthe stock crank should be adequate but forged examples exist. SC pulley he should want.

Chris - what's going to change on the regular cooper? I was remarking onthe weight loss to the S that's shown in the prelims for March. no interest other than academic.

camaro notes is my mistake.

tGA, the SC 4AGZE CAME in the 1st gen MR2 in 88-89. not common but they exist, no "stuffing" needed . tthe stock crank should be adequate but forged examples exist. SC pulley he should want.

Chris - what's going to change on the regular cooper? I was remarking onthe weight loss to the S that's shown in the prelims for March. no interest other than academic.
    Whoops, sorry it did make it. Yes the currently classed car drops lots of weight. Likely never get there. The open injector JCW car is newly classified and in at a low weight to help it out. The argument was why the Lotus so light and not the Mini. Well it was just an oversight.
    Chris "The Cat Killer" Childs
    Angry Sheep Motorsports
    810 417 7777
    angrysheepmotorsports.com

IT,SM,SS,Touring, and Super Touring

tGA, the SC 4AGZE CAME in the 1st gen MR2 in 88-89. not common but they exist, no "stuffing" needed .
    Au contraire, mon frere: surpercharged cars have to be specifically classified. Are you aware of any "commonly" available pulleys for this engine?

- GA

I believe the stock pulley provides 8 psi boost, and there is a common aftermarket unit for 10 psi. Chip could probably confirm that.

Obviously, those boost numbers are refenced to stock flow, so any increase in flow may decrease the net boost seen.

Edit: corrected stock boost.
    Last edited by ShelbyRacer; 02-12-2013 at 03:36 PM.
    Matt Green

ITAC Member- 2012-??
    Tire Shaver at TreadZone- www.treadzone.com
    #96 Dodge Shelby Charger ITB- Mine, mine, all mine!
    I was around when they actually improved Improved Touring! (and now I'm trying not to mess it up!)

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Amy View Post
    Au contraire, mon frere: surpercharged cars have to be specifically classified. Are you aware of any "commonly" available pulleys for this engine?

- GA
    Oh I get that, I was just pointing out that it was already a stock combo, your "stuffing" made me thing you didn't know that. irrelevant.

many of the known quantity old pulley sets are NLA or very hard to find used, I wouldn't spec them. HKS made a 157mm SC crank pulley for a while, a picture of it is still on HKS-power.co.jp/USA/ so it might be avaialble. this was spec'ed for 10psi.

Techno Toy sells a 175mm SC crank pulley ("14psi"), probobly the highest currently known to be avaialble. I don't tknow if anyone is still making smaller SC pulleys but there are always new parts avaialble from the chinese knockoff type of shops selling on eBay and the sites that cary such things. they might exist but I wouldn't race on them.
    Last edited by Chip42; 02-12-2013 at 04:39 PM. Reason: added HKS info and updated

Matt and Chip covered it. No TPI for the Firematers. Just the carb'ed car. Actually my error I think, not Chip's.
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

minutes link is working. some observations and comments:

NAR - #10102. Poor response. I applaud Rob for trying. As many here can attest, the FIA seat rules are a serious pet peeve of mine. the rules as written make mounting a seat on sliders nigh on impossible, and that needs to change.

NAR - #10119 (STU, 3SGE intake request) someone tell Eric to request the 2nd (pre 1993 SW20 MR2 outside of North america) and 3rd Gen JDM 3SGE (1996 up JDM MR2 non turbo) as those are the droids he's looking for. there is no 3SGE MR2 in the USDM so no intake is allowed, and the only 3SGE sold here was the first gen with the T-VIS intake, sold in an older celica, and not as good an option as the 2nd and 3rd generation versions with the ACIS intake and other improvements. 3rd gen is the best, and carries with it only small changes to the engine overall, most if not all of which I think are irrelevant in ST.

NAR - #10102. Poor response. I applaud Rob for trying. As many here can attest, the FIA seat rules are a serious pet peeve of mine. the rules as written make mounting a seat on sliders nigh on impossible, and that needs to change.

This is a prickly problem. What was happening that caused this rule was people were taking high end FIA seats and bolting them to stock sliders in T1 cars. You could grab the seat and move it around so much with your hand that it would hit the cage so the back brace rule was added.
    Unfortunately history proved we needed to change that, if anyone has a better suggestion on how to make sure only slider installations that are actually secure the seat are used the rule could probably be improved. In the meantime a back brace for seats on sliders is the way we had to go.
    A back brace that adjusts when you move the seat is not that hard to engineer but if anyone has a better solution I am sure it would be considered.
    dick patullo
    ner scca IT7 Rx7

NAR - #10119 (STU, 3SGE intake request)
    Chip, I'm PM'ing you the guy's contact info. Since you seem to know these cars better, would you please send him an email, copying me, explaining this and seeing if he has any questions? - GA