JMAC, you need to chill out. as an ITAC member, with ZERO dog in this fight, I can tell you that EVERYTHING requires a letter. the system requires a letter # for each posting into the TB. that's how we do it for record keeping.

yeah, you could post a letter as a comittee member, but generally we don't unless it's to clean up a mistake or push big rule changes. you'll see tGA's name a lot for STx rule changes, and mine or other ITAC members on occasion fixing little things in IT classifications.

it's all well and good to debate ideas and observations here, but it's not a rules change request. and if you don't get agreement from STAC members you discuss this with here, why would you think they would then push the idea forward themselves? if you have an idea, you write the letter, and a response will be posted. if you don't liek that response, post you actual letter online for others to consider.

It's pretty decent analog for old school democracy and while there are certainly politics involved in some decisions, I assure you from the guys I know on the STAC that there is NO pressure to obsolete NA cars in STU. none. They are making changes to slow the FI cars, bit by bit, and seeing how it shakes out. that's the path they chose, they've been open about that, and I think it's honorable that they have been so open. disagree all you want, they ARE doing what tehy say they are doing.