Thread: The Real STU (Super Turbo Über) Bitch thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default The Real STU (Super Turbo Über) Bitch thread

You can ninja edit my thread all you like but you can't deny the fact that STU is no place to run a naturally aspirated car. All your efforts to reel in the turbo cars have been shown to be hollow and ineffective. You don't even have an effective way to determine that all the air flows through the TIR. All the N/A motors make EP power with roughly an extra 200lbs, while the turbo motors have a license to make as much power and torque as they can pump.

Why don't you get the factory guys to fund a few turbo teams... oh, I forgot they don't have the budget for amature racing with little/no ROI.

Putting the smack down - what are you crazy?

Lol actually I agree- no turbo - no trophy - who will debate this? Bait in the water for tGA hahahaha
    BenSpeed
    #33 ITR Porsche 968
    BigSpeed Racing
    2013 ITR Pro IT Champion
    2014 NE Division ITR Champion

Quote Originally Posted by benspeed View Post
    Bait in the water for tGA hahahaha
    Nah, I'm immune to the bitching now...I say let 'em vent. - GA

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Amy View Post
    ...I say let 'em vent. - GA

http://www.turbobygarrett.com/turbob...low_off_valves

Glenn Lawton
    GSMmotorsports
    #14 ITS RX7
    NARRC ITS Champion 2012
    NERRC ITS Champion 2013 12 11 10 09 08
    NERRC STU Champion 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Amy View Post
    Nah, I'm immune to the bitching now...I say let 'em vent. - GA
    Thank you...

I started the other thread just to see if there was a way to even get close to the output. To see what I possibly could do to at least get in the ball park, not to complain. Because of the delay in response, and other comments it just degenerated. The final straw was when someone else ninja edited my thread title.

So, what's next?

Turbo diesel... Torque FTW.

K

Sorry, you mean Kia Optima oil burner. Might as well be new enough that you get some Mfg kick-back.

Quote Originally Posted by Z3_GoCar View Post
    So, what's next?
    We keep chipping away. As I recall, we've reduced the TIRs since the Runoffs (did we also do weight?) and we even reduced further the Miata TIR. But if you guys think we're going to be doing some "Hail-Mary-adding-tons-of-weight" kinda deals you're going to be disappointed. We'll chip away at it until we get it.

While we'll continue moving forward (don't think we're not paying attention) I do have to confess that I'm getting the distinct impression that NA guys will never be happy until a turbo car never wins another race or sets another lap record...

In the meantime, I feel compelled to note that none of the dissenters have sent in any kind of alternate technical proposals. None. Closest I recall was a general "slow down the turbo cars" letter. If you've got some really cool solutions then feel free to propose them. Nothing proposed here on this forum can reasonably be expected to hit our committee's (or the CRB's) agenda. Formally-submitted letters are guaranteed to.

- GA

No, I'll be happy when the turbo cars have to really race a N/A cars for the checker, not to keep from going a lap down.