Greg, if your seriously interested in finding out, I'll be more than happy to discuss it with you via phone, or email.

But the long and short is this; there are several electronic methods that are pretty simple, and easy to use. With a bit of work on the software, you could have both a running type logger, and/or max attained.

I would guess that the max attained value would be something you would set your normal tech crew up to read with a simple hand held interface. If there was some question about a reading, you could then send the download to national to be reviewed.

Is it defeatable, sure, everything is to some extent. But with a bit of forethought about placement in the manifold of the sensor( and no, sticking it in the plenum at any old port ain't what I'm talking about), would negate any of the old "fish regulator" tricks we all know. And as the whole set up would be solidstate, and the software inter keyed with an encryption algorithm, tampering by a competitor would be a bit on the tough side. It could even be set up with a telltale lamp, or series of lamps that would be easily visible to tech inspectors. Sort of a go/no go if you like.

Now, before you tell me I'm dreaming, and it's not possible, or too expensive; first, it's already being used in quite a few instances. Second, it's a drop in the bucket price wise on an STU car, and as we require each competitor to provide a transponder, so would FI cars be required to carry the required, speced module.

Now, the other side of this coin is what limits do you place on the cars in question, and that's not quite as easy to define. However, there is a good deal of data on most of these cars, and the effects of cam and DI (direct injection) phasing, as well as waste gate, and throttle mapping. So you could make an educated guess at where the boost limit to output ratio would be for most platforms. And regulation is simple; once the competitor figures out the combination of the above mentioned parameters( or at least the engine builder/tuner does), and starts to dominate, the boost pressure thresholds on his platform are adjusted by a few millibars.

If you wanted to get simplistic, an easy baseline would be a good load cel dyno, but of course the logistics are a bit harder to handle to get the same dyno for all the cars in question.

Greg, you asked for an answer, and I have given you at least one, there are others. This just happens to be the one I am most familiar with. My point in spending the time typing this was to show you that there are options that will work. Is it the ultimate solution, no! There will be sandbaggers, and folks with enough snap to think of the long game and bide their time til the runoffs. But with this system, if you wanted, you could set the rules to allow for on site adjustments.

Greg, we can agree to disagree on this, but the old argument of " we can't police it on a divisional level" just will not float. Give the competitors and the tech folks a bit more credit. The tech guys are almost always some of the sharper ( ok, I admit, not all the time) members of our band of misfits. And I flat guarantee if Chris showed up down here in Texas with the solstice and cleaned our clocks like at the runoffs with this system, there would be a bit of paper flying to find out WTF the deal was. In other words, the system of checks and balances works pretty well.