Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ITR to run with ITA/SM5/T2/T3 in 2013 MARRS series

Default ITR to run with ITA/SM5/T2/T3 in 2013 MARRS series

Figured I'd give you all a head's up that ITR has been moved to the ITA/SM5/T2/T3 group for the 2013 MARRS season.

The other IT group will be: ITS/ITB/ITC/SRX7/T4/B-Spec
    Gregg Ginsberg
    '96 Civic EX -- MARRS ITA #72
    WDCR-SCCA Rookie of the Year 2003
    MARRS ITA/T3 Drivers rep

I'm there in April for MARRS 1! Great news! Thanks for the early heads up!
    BenSpeed
    #33 ITR Porsche 968
    BigSpeed Racing
    2013 ITR Pro IT Champion
    2014 NE Division ITR Champion

Where was it before?
    RST Performance Racing
    www.rstperformance.com

Quote Originally Posted by RSTPerformance View Post
    Where was it before?
    Big bore i think
    1987 ITS RX-7
    2014 Ford Focus ST
    Currently borrowing tow vehicles!!

Central Carolina Region

STEELERS SIX PACK!!

Quote Originally Posted by rstperformance View Post
    where was it before?
    gt 1
    Tom Weaver: Logistics & Technical Support Manager IE truck driver for 1986 RX-7 ITS #63. "Diesel Haulin' Rotary" 2005 Dodge 2500 Quad Cab The Hemi has retired "Long Live the Hemi" Bill Weaver Driver- 2004 NYSRRC John Chave Award. 2006 & 2013 ITS NYSRRC Champion!. Truck Driver Named Glen Region Worker of the Year 2008.Located 45 miles southeast of Watkins Glen in Sayre PA.

Quote Originally Posted by benspeed View Post
    I'm there in April for MARRS 1! Great news! Thanks for the early heads up!
    Ben
    The first MARRS weekend, April 13th and 14th is a double sanction weekend.
    Entry fee for the two sanctions is $300.00, for the single sanction is $275.00.

I hope we see you there.

cheers
    dave parker
    "Ignore All Confrontations With Common Sense."

Quote Originally Posted by RSTPerformance View Post
    Where was it before?

Geez, do we have to endure that whole discussion again?

cheers
    dave parker

No - because the "problem" is fixed. It will be great to see the flood of parked ITR cars come back to MARRS.

K

Quote Originally Posted by dave parker View Post
    Ben
    The first MARRS weekend, April 13th and 14th is a double sanction weekend.
    Entry fee for the two sanctions is $300.00, for the single sanction is $275.00.
    And yes, for those of you who may have checked the schedule, and are scratching your heads; the first "double" MARRS event is identical in every other way to all the "single" events.
    Earl R.
    240SX
    ITA/ST5

Quote Originally Posted by erlrich View Post
    And yes, for those of you who may have checked the schedule, and are scratching your heads; the first "double" MARRS event is identical in every other way to all the "single" events.
    Earl
    The CRC was working with several of the things that drivers have told us for a number of years:
    1. They want more racing.
    I was pushing very hard for every Summit MARRS race weekend to be a double sanction. With the Labor Day hootenanny to be a triple sanction. This was not met with joy by several of the the worker specialty reps. So, we compromised with a two day double sanction to start the season.

2. Different weekend format. The old format was getting stale. We had to switch things up.

3. Points chase. After last year, with five away race weekends of which three were double sanctions, we got a lot of complaints from drivers that they had to go to too many away races to win a championship. If you look at how the points are structured for 2013 the Summit MARRS races are "front weighted", since each race is 300 points for the the winner (300 for Saturday race win, 300 for Sunday race win).
    If you want to win a MARRS championship in a hotly contested class you will have to go to the away races. In most classes you will still need to go to one away race to secure a championship.

The goal was to keep the series fresh and exciting, with out bleeding the members dry financially.

cheers
    dave parker

Quote Originally Posted by Knestis View Post
    No - because the "problem" is fixed. It will be great to see the flood of parked ITR cars come back to MARRS.

K
    I hope that this is the case.
    I have been told that it is never too late to right a wrong.

cheers
    dave parker

Dave

1. They want more racing.
    I was pushing very hard for every Summit MARRS race weekend to be a double sanction. With the Labor Day hootenanny to be a triple sanction. This was not met with joy by several of the the worker specialty reps. So, we compromised with a two day double sanction to start the season.
    I respect what you guys are trying to do with MARRS but I am not understanding how more sanctions necessarily equate to more racing. If the April weekend has two sanctions and two races and the June weekend has one sanction and two races with the same schedule, it seems like the only benefit of the second sanction in April is an additional accounting entry at license renewal time.

BTW this isn't a MARRS 'thing'. Many regions and many drivers feel that two sanctions are twice as much racing regardless of how much track time is available. This has been one of Terry's pet peeves for a long time.

Terry

Quote Originally Posted by Terry Hanushek View Post
    Dave

I respect what you guys are trying to do with MARRS but I am not understanding how more sanctions necessarily equate to more racing. If the April weekend has two sanctions and two races and the June weekend has one sanction and two races with the same schedule, it seems like the only benefit of the second sanction in April is an additional accounting entry at license renewal time.

BTW this isn't a MARRS 'thing'. Many regions and many drivers feel that two sanctions are twice as much racing regardless of how much track time is available. This has been one of Terry's pet peeves for a long time.

Terry
    What Terry says. ;-)

For most practical purposes the only difference between a one-sanction MARRS weekend and a two-sanction weekend is your participation count for license renewal/upgrade purposes.

A single sanction with two races counts as one for license purposes; a double sanction with one race each (and exactly the same amount of track time) counts as two.

I had this discussion with Terry a few years ago.
    I made the decission to drop double sanctions in NER.

I got beat-up all season for making the change...
    We are back to double sanctions now, if it brings in two extra driver per event then who cares? Everyone wins!
    Now...as everything changes is 2014...we'll wait and see!
    Jerry
    NER South

Does a double sanction cost the region more money?

Quote Originally Posted by StephenB View Post
    Does a double sanction cost the region more money?
    yup!
    Jerry
    NER South

There are probably more than a few guys each year who look for single weekends to keep their licenses active.
    Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region 188967

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Bettencourt View Post
    There are probably more than a few guys each year who look for single weekends to keep their licenses active.
    Yes - that used to be one of the complaints about the Labor Day event at SP; they would get a bunch of "license keepers" running at one of the most heavily subscribed events of the year. While I don't recall any major carnage attributable to that, I'm sure there were more than a few pissed off drivers who had their races screwed up by said drivers. Now at least they'll have another opportunity to get the two events in one weekend, and on a weekend when everyone is shaking off the winter rust.

On the other item (ITR now running w/ITA), I think I should say thank you to Dave & Gregg and the other CRC members & directors who got this change through. I only say "I think" because now they have me re-thinking the fate of the Camaro sitting in the driveway - which was originally purchased to build into an ITR car...so it's either "thank you", or "damn you", not sure which one yet
    Earl R.
    240SX
    ITA/ST5

they have me re-thinking the fate of the camaro sitting in the driveway - which was originally purchased to build into an itr car...so it's either "thank you", or "damn you", not sure which one yet :d
    "like"
    RST Performance Racing
    www.rstperformance.com

Yes - that used to be one of the complaints about the Labor Day event at SP; they would get a bunch of "license keepers" running at one of the most heavily subscribed events of the year.
    And why was the event one of the most heavily subscribed events of the year.... license keepers.

While I don't recall any major carnage attributable to that, I'm sure there were more than a few pissed off drivers who had their races screwed up by said drivers.
    Winner, winner, chicken dinner.