Thread: Robeling road double driver's school

Cool Robeling road double driver's school

The Buccaneer Region Double Driver's School (www.buccaneerregion.org) Entry Form, Supps and Schedule are now posted. 31 Jan - 3 Feb 2013 at the Region's Website - Pass on to Potential Drivers etc!

THE ABOVE WAS: an unpaid, non-political Announcement just in time to break the mid-winter doldrums
    JOHN E. FINE
    2012 SEDIV ITC ECR CHAMPION
    2011 SEDIV ITC ECR CHAMPION
    2010 SEDIV ITC ECR CHAMPION

I have cars for rent @ this event. Thanks, MM
    Mike Ogren , FWDracingguide.com, 352.4288.983 ,http://www.ogren-engineering.com/

4 ITS cars signed up, that's good to see. A Z car, a 944 and 2 Miatas.

What's attendance been like at the Double School lately? I think there were 100 cars my year (2003) but it's been down a lot since?
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

25ish cars so far. not good.
    Mike Ogren , FWDracingguide.com, 352.4288.983 ,http://www.ogren-engineering.com/

It's picking up. 5 ITS cars now -- Miata, Prelude, 240z, 944, RX7. Pretty cool.
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

Default It's over

Well the Roebling Road Double driver's school is over for another year
    Final car count was 37 cars for the weekend. With only two race groups the drivers had 8.5 hours of total track time available over three days. This did, however, result in some drivers finishing on sunday in a state of exhaustion
    IT and SM were out in force providing the majority of the students in the closed wheel group.
    For those who are interested we had 0 FF's, FV's FM's, F500's or FC's.
    In closed wheel we had 0 ITR's or GT cars.
    On the plus side, we had a FP FIAT (yes I said FIAT) spider that actually finished the whole weekend:026:
    JOHN E. FINE
    2012 SEDIV ITC ECR CHAMPION
    2011 SEDIV ITC ECR CHAMPION
    2010 SEDIV ITC ECR CHAMPION

Heck - 8.5 hours in a Fiat is an entire season of Nationals.

K

Thanks for putting it on.
    How come this school did not show on the CFR or FR,schedule.
    We all have to help each other along at this point,IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by ITC69 View Post
    Well the Roebling Road Double driver's school is over for another year
    Final car count was 37 cars for the weekend. With only two race groups the drivers had 8.5 hours of total track time available over three days. This did, however, result in some drivers finishing on sunday in a state of exhaustion
    IT and SM were out in force providing the majority of the students in the closed wheel group.
    For those who are interested we had 0 FF's, FV's FM's, F500's or FC's.
    In closed wheel we had 0 ITR's or GT cars.
    On the plus side, we had a FP FIAT (yes I said FIAT) spider that actually finished the whole weekend:026:
    Good job man.

I did my school in the TR8........
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

How many IT cars in total, you know, those Improved Touring cars that are not part of the National, I mean Majors, SCCA scene but end up paying the bills?

IIRC there were 3 ITB cars, 2 ITS cars, 4 or more ITA, an ITO mustang and somethinglike 10 SMs, an ITC car and 2 or 3 IT7s. My dad was driving the ITB Accord LXi. The other two ITB cars were a BMW 2002 and a VW A1 golf. One of the ITS cars was a very good looking Red 240Z. The other ITS car was a fast (for the group at least) yellow RX7 2nd gen. The ITA cars were a neon, a 94-00 Integra LS and a gaggle of miata. I stoped paying attention to the miata because it was such an alphabet soup. Oh and GRM had their BSpec fiesta there.

Four ITS cars signed up -- a Prelude and a 944 as well. Were they there?
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

Yes, the Prelude and 944 were both there. The 944 had to leave end of day Saturday, reportedly due to a death in the family.

Otherwise, as far as I know everyone made it through the school. I did so just barely though. I was in the GTI (The Brick) which got me on track just enough to pass school. Though I did give up on it right before the Sunday race and jump in a SM.

The red 240Z ITS was third on Saturday and won the Sunday race. Several videos on You Tube from Sundays race.

8.5 hours of seat time?

Can you take these schools if you're already licensed? Seems worth it to learn some more and get some extra seat time.

Default drivers school

evening i ran that school. i got almost 200 laps in for the three days. if the tranny hadnt locked right before lunch on sat ithe count would have been higher. when i went to this school in 2000 there were 70 cars in our race group alone. hard to understand only 38. but it made for a great time to learn the car, and to run a bunch of laps.