Thread: GLD regional series rules question

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

i think you can limit the points to two races and still have the multiple race set-up.

just have the qualifying be progressive. that is, the grid position for Race 4 is a function of the finishing position in race 3, etc.

folks are still going to race hard for that better qualifying spot for the "points" race.

i may write an email too. but mine would be more along the lines that some of us have bothered to not participate in the series because of the Quad at Nelson. a series championship should be based on more events and more sites. putting so many eggs in a not very nice basket may not help the overall series.
    1985 CRX Si competed in Solo II: AS, CS, DS, GS
    1986 CRX Si competed in: SCCA Solo II CSP, SCCA ITA, SCCA ITB, NASA H5
    1988 CRX Si competed in ITA & STL

Last year the series was based on 5 races at Nelson, 5 races at MO and 2 races at Grattan.

Based on this year's rule that would have been 5 races at MO, 3 races at Nelson and 2 races at Grattan.

This year based on the schedule it will be 7 races MO, 3 races Nelson and 2 races Grattan.

60% of the counted races at one track. That doesn't seem like an improvement in a balanced series.
    Jim Hardesty
    ITC 1986 Honda Civic Diablo Rojo Verde
    Never argue your tab at the end of the night. Remember, you're hammered and they’re sober.