Thread: The Devil in the Dark 2013

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Pablo used to need about 3.5 minutes (additional time on the lap, not time sitting still) to do tires, 22 gallons of fuel (NASCAR dry break dump), and driver change. That presumes the typical rules that require the driver out while refueling.

Pit lights are helpful but differ in importance by track. I have to confess I don't remember how much lighting the track provided last year but I think it was pretty good...

K

The supps dictate driver out while fueling.

We used two halogens (think the ones painters use) on the wall at Road Atlanta to illuminate our hot pit, we'll use that with another two on a stand for additional. We've also decided on some sort of lighting inside our EZ Up to help with finding tools and such on the cold side. For this we'll use a couple enclosed kitchen type fluorescent lights. Another quick idea I had from watching the Rolex is a cheap collapsible shelf, probably plastic four-levels that you'd find at H-D racing on the cold side for driver gear, otherwise the gear shits up your space, and drivers end up putting that stuff on seating surfaces, tool boxes and coolers.

Will