Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Devil in the Dark 2013

Default The Devil in the Dark 2013

The Jersey Racing Board (Northern New Jersey and South Jersey Regions) and New Jersey Motorsports Park announce the fourth running of The Devil in the Dark 12 Hour endurance race on NJMP's Thunderbolt Circuit. The 2013 edition will be held on Saturday, 27 April 2013 and will again run from noon to midnight. There will be a Test Day on Friday, 26 April for 12 Hour competitors and other closed wheel cars.

This race is a continuation of the successful events run in the past three years. The format and rules will be very similar to last year with a no major changes from previous year's events. The open refueling rule is being retained as well as the consolidated endurance classes introduced last year. If you missed The Devil this year, be sure to put it on your calendar for next year.

The entry package will be posted on the DLB online registration system after the first of the year. Registration will open on 1 February 2013.

More participants, more fun in 2013!

SAVE THE DATE

Terry

Terry, this is awesome. I'm going to work on the sched really soon, this is really high on the list.

Will

I am thinking about entering the ITA Civic as well...
    Demetrius Mossaidis aka 'Mickey' #12 ITA NESCCA
    '92 Honda Civic Si
    STFU and "Then write a letter. www.crbscca.com"
    2013 ITA NARRC Champion and I have not raced since.

yahoooo!

we are expecting in march and my wife said, well let's just ask her again later either way i plan on going!!!

Stephen

My friends and I are building an ITA / IMG PI-5 CRX enduro car at Entropy Racing's shop. If all goes well with the bodywork and shakedown, we'll be there.
    Roger Maeda - #7 ITS Honda Prelude Si
    South Jersey Region

If anyone isn't going and wants to rent out the glow boards that they may have laying around let me know. I will hopefully need them.

Anyone that wants to have fun in the RX8 send me a PM as well. Maybe we can work something out. I am NOT doing this for any profit. Yes I want to Win but this is for the experience and FUN, if we get a trophy all the better! WE will have to stop at least 3-4 times more than other cars, the only good thing is it takes about 25seconds to fill it. FYI the car will be set up as a NASA PTC car for this particular event.

Stephen

Quote Originally Posted by StephenB View Post
    If anyone isn't going and wants to rent out the glow boards that they may have laying around let me know. I will hopefully need them.

Anyone that wants to have fun in the RX8 send me a PM as well. Maybe we can work something out. I am NOT doing this for any profit. Yes I want to Win but this is for the experience and FUN, if we get a trophy all the better! WE will have to stop at least 3-4 times more than other cars, the only good thing is it takes about 25seconds to fill it. FYI the car will be set up as a NASA PTC car for this particular event.

Stephen
    Hmm... I don't have anything planned for that weekend yet.
    I might be interested in the RX8, but I'd really like the seat time to somewhat crossover to my car.

FWD car for rent, anyone?
    Kyle C
    #69 ITA Honda CRX
    Glen Region Timing & Scoring Chief

I think only about 1/3 of the fun running with Stephen and RST would be the driving. Awesome group of people to hang out with. Plus the stories... Absolutely want to do an enduro with you guys someday. Maybe next year.
    Dave Gran
    Real Roads, Real Car Guys – Real World Road Tests
    Go Ahead - Take the Wheel's Free Guide to Racing

Bumping this, just outta sheer excitement!! We look to be in with a 4 driver team, ITB Civic.

Quote Originally Posted by gran racing View Post
    I think only about 1/3 of the fun running with Stephen and RST would be the driving. Awesome group of people to hang out with. Plus the stories... Absolutely want to do an enduro with you guys someday. Maybe next year.
    This is definetly part of our plans this year!!! It's going to be FUN. We have a brand new car that is in great shape... lets hope we can make it to the end! that is our goal...

Any suggestions from the experienced guys on what we should have "brand new" to start with? what are the likely things that will need replacing DURING the event pending zero crash damage or strange mechanical failures? I got Gas and tires... how about brakes?

Sadly we have NEVER done anything this long, longest race ever was a 4 hr and the car seemed like it just backed off the trailer after that event... no issues at all!

Stephen

PS: a LONG time ago "K" won a challenge here on the forums. https://improvedtouring.com...ad.php?t=29138 Offer still stands if your interested!
    Last edited by StephenB; 01-08-2013 at 09:15 PM.

Dang. I'd COMPLETELY forgotten about that. I'm looking at my Devil options right now, guys. Thanks for the reminder!

K

The entry information (supps, schedule, etc.) for the 2013 edition of The Devil in the Dark is posted on DLB (set filter for South Jersey Region | Club Race All) - and the event web site .

The direct link for the race information is Supps and Schedule

The rules are essentially the same as last year with a few refinements based on our experience and competitor feedback. Most of the previous years' enhancements including the elimination of timed pit stops and the condensed endurance classes were well received and have been retained.

The entry for this year's race will open on 1 February 2013

Hope to see ya at The Devil

Terry
    Last edited by Terry Hanushek; 02-22-2013 at 10:31 AM. Reason: Updated link

I like the Class Challenge trophy idea for well-subscribed sprint classes. If that was in place last year and i missed it, I apologize, but it's a nice idea.

I also want to chime in again with support for the "E" class approach. A great approach!

K

Terry, what are the criteria for determining what ITX class a car will be in? I see there are ITX1-ITX5...

We'll be running my now ITB Civic, I'm still undecided on rcomps or potentially using street rubber.

Will

Kirk

I like the Class Challenge trophy idea for well-subscribed sprint classes. If that was in place last year and i missed it, I apologize, but it's a nice idea.

I also want to chime in again with support for the "E" class approach. A great approach!
    We added the Class Challenge a little before last year's race (and after the initial release of the supps) to recognize well-subscribed sprint classes and ease the transition to the Endurance classes. It's a nice bridge.

We like the Endurance classes because it gives everybody competition. Our feedback has been universally positive.

Will

what are the criteria for determining what ITX class a car will be in? I see there are ITX1-ITX5...

We'll be running my now ITB Civic, I'm still undecided on rcomps or potentially using street rubber.
    The ITXn classes are for endurance compatible cars the don't completely comply with one of the underlying rulesets. Access to them is normally by negotiations with the Chief Steward.

I'm aware of your tire considerations and will get back to you shortly.

Terry

Terry, thanks a lot for looking into it. However, don't go nuts over it, nor make any special exceptions, I think my team will most likely be on an RComp anyway, they are saying it is worth the extra money.

Bump... I guess I was 45 minutes early today! Check back in 1/2 hour or so

Devil in the Dark 12 hour Enduro Registration will Open Feb 1st at 9AM

Default Registration is Open

Registration for The Devil in the Dark 2013 is open on DLB.

Supps and Schedule ... Register ... Entry List

Six entries in the first couple of hours - not exactly COTA but a good start.

The Friday afternoon Test Day will open in a week or two.

Terry
    Last edited by Terry Hanushek; 02-22-2013 at 10:32 AM. Reason: Updated link

I registered, but of course did it wrong. So we'll be your 7th when you correct my mistake!

Valerie fixed me up. Thanks all! See ya then.