It is election time here in the NCR SCCA. Ballots are out and we're voting to elect as Assistant Regional Executive, Treasurer (uncontested position), and Members at Large.

Over the years the NCR SCCA has been electing drivers into official positions and in my opinion that has a positive effect on the region's events. Drivers in management positions will lead to a region that is more in tune with the needs of drivers and improve the service to members.

With that in mind I'd like to recommend that you vote for the following members:

Assistant Regional Executive: John Lindquist. John has been the Chapter Coordinator for the region, is active in the region, and hasn’t missed a board meeting in, well, forever. John races an ITA Fiero and has been steadily developing it for over five years and getting faster with each outing.

Members At Large: Blair Deffenbaugh and Sam Fouse. Sam is a long-time region member and currently races in Production with an RX3. He’s been to the runoffs fourteen or fifteen times and is an active racer. Blair is the son of Rex Deffenbaugh, our current Regional Executive, and is young, able, and willing to work for the region. Blair sent me this short bio.

My name is Blair Deffenbaugh. I am running for North Carolina Region Member at Large. I am 21 years old and have a 20 year SCCA pin, therefore this club is like a family to me. When I wanted to work corners at a young age I was told I had to be able to see over the hand rail to hold a flag. So instead I worked in Timing and Scoring and started working corners when I turned sixteen.

Recently I have completed my competition license requirements and plan to race in IT7 & ITS. I have been around the track and autocross course for a while and worked many track positions including a few weekends in the control room. I have an intimate knowledge of the tracks inter workings and I know the club runs smoother with active participants on the board. I have been in the club all my life and I can bring a new, young perspective to the board - I just need your vote to do it.

No matter who you vote for the important thing is to vote!

Thanks,
Ron