Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: January 2013 Fastrack

Default January 2013 Fastrack

So, the CRB is reviewing the entire ITB class. Any target date on when that review might be complete?

ITAC is doing that. I estimate it will take six months to a year to sort through all of the issues, before anything goes to the CRB.
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

what JEff said. the point is to stop doing piecemeal adjustments that have ripple effetcs of annoyance and anger and figure it all out to process (or come as close as we can) and drop a big ol change all at once, with months between its release and going into effect so everyone can prepare.

we recognize that it sucks for the guys who didn't get in before the review started or whos competitors didn't. it might even look unfair. but we feel it became necessary to do this.

STAC: So if the 13B is allowed at 2589, is the resultant weight in a rwd car 2654?
    Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region 188967

Should be 2680, weight plus 3.5%.

Also note that we added a specific inclusion of the ITA and ITS cars at their IT prep. That way if this happens again we don't eff up the IT cars accidentally.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Amy View Post
    Should be 2680, weight plus 3.5%.

Also note that we added a specific inclusion of the ITA and ITS cars at their IT prep. That way if this happens again we don't eff up the IT cars accidentally.
    OK thanks. I used 2.5% instead.
    Andy Bettencourt

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Bettencourt View Post
    OK thanks. I used 2.5% instead.
    Just to make sure we're on the same page, you know RWD is 3.5% now? Nov Fastrack, I think. - GA

Just to make sure we're on the same page, you know RWD is 3.5% now? Nov Fastrack, I think. - GA
    Ya, I was just using old numbers by mistake and I should have connected the '2680 ITS RX-7 / 13B in anything' dots.

I was contemplating a 13B in my 'Otter but 350lbs of lead is just so much.
    Andy Bettencourt

So the 12a at 2150is for STL correct? STU is stil 2250 and you can still street port an STU motor but not Bridge port a 12a. Why no Bridge. The 13b can bridge port.

The rule didnt specify STL but I added it up to being that.

Thanks Greg
    Last edited by Dano77; 12-10-2012 at 12:49 PM.

STL

- ITA and ITS cars can compete at their IT weights and prep.
    - Open-prep 12A-equipped cars must weigh 2150#; if installed into a RWD chassis add 3.5%
    - Open-prep 13B-equipped cars must weigh 2589#; if installed into a RWD chassis add 3.5%

STU

No changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Dano77 View Post
    Why no Bridge. The 13b can bridge port.
    'Cause no one asked...?
    Last edited by Greg Amy; 12-10-2012 at 01:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dano77 View Post
    So the 12a at 2150is for STL correct? STU is stil 2250 and you can still street port an STU motor but not Bridge port a 12a. Why no Bridge. The 13b can bridge port.
    'Cause no one asked...?
    Cause the planet doesn't have enough lead for ballast?
    Houston Region
    STU Nissan 240SX
    EProd RX7

Quote Originally Posted by JeffYoung View Post
    ITAC is doing that. I estimate it will take six months to a year to sort through all of the issues, before anything goes to the CRB.
    Ironic. Just got down to writing a letter this evening (nice to be done with school again!). Would it be helpful, or just noise, given this development?
    Chris Schaafsma
    Golf 2 HProd

AMT Racing Engines - DIYAutoTune.com

Any data or additional information for ITB would be helpful -- so please write in. It's just likely you will get a response that we are considering your letter as part of the overall review of ITB.

Like Chip said, we really felt like we were hurting the class with multiple piecemeal changes, so we are going to try to address a bunch of stuff in one fell swoop.

WRite in though, it always helps guys like me who know nothing about some of these cars get up to speed.

Thanks.

Jeff
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

STL

- Open-prep 12A-equipped cars must weigh 2150#; if installed into a RWD chassis add 3.5%
    - Open-prep 13B-equipped cars must weigh 2589#; if installed into a RWD chassis add 3.5%

STU

No changes.

'Cause no one asked...?
    All ITA and ITS cars?!
    Chris Rallo "the kid"
    -- "wrenching and racing" -- "will race for food!" -- "Onward and Upward"

Quote Originally Posted by CRallo View Post
    All ITA and ITS cars?!
    No, the rotaries.

Read the rulez, newb!

Quote Originally Posted by JeffYoung View Post
    Any data or additional information for ITB would be helpful -- so please write in. It's just likely you will get a response that we are considering your letter as part of the overall review of ITB.

Like Chip said, we really felt like we were hurting the class with multiple piecemeal changes, so we are going to try to address a bunch of stuff in one fell swoop.

WRite in though, it always helps guys like me who know nothing about some of these cars get up to speed.

Thanks.

Jeff
    Particularly if you can supply us not just with info, but with sources of info where we can find and verify things. If we have to make a case one way or another for a specific situation, it helps to have independent sources to back things up.

And if anyone has real good factual info about things like Alfas, Fiats, MGs, and Opels, it would help to fill in some info. There is some knowledge about some of the lesser known cars, but it's difficult to get verification on things.
    Matt Green

ITAC Member- 2012-??
    Tire Shaver at TreadZone- www.treadzone.com
    #96 Dodge Shelby Charger ITB- Mine, mine, all mine!
    I was around when they actually improved Improved Touring! (and now I'm trying not to mess it up!)

Quote Originally Posted by CRallo View Post
    All ITA and ITS cars?!
    Yeah Newb, read the rules. Its not a class for Rotary's. They will let you race, but dont do anything to the motor.

You can install a rotary into say a Miata, but you stil cant build power. Its a Reciprocating Piston Engine class.

Dont go getting crazy, Im just kidding around Greg. Good job on getting some wieght off the car.

Dan
    77 IT7

STL

STU

No changes.

'Cause no one asked...?

Curious Greg, why did the 13B get classed with the exact weight of the ITS RX7 (2680) in an ST class? It can also compete in ITS trim at that weight so why bother?
    Steve Eckerich
    ITS 18 Speedsource RX7
    ITR RX8 (under construction)

No, the rotaries.

Read the rulez, newb!
    I did. I was trying to make a point... Why play favorites? Why not the rest of ITA and ITS? And B and C while we are at it. If there are any C cars over 2L...

In other news...

And why are some STO cars slowed down for T1 and some are not? And why were the existing GT2 cars sped up, but the STO cars added were not, even though much evidence implies the performance potential WAS the same? And am I the only one that thinks it looks like the Touring and GT boys are fighting over the STO cars?
    Chris Rallo "the kid"
    -- "wrenching and racing" -- "will race for food!" -- "Onward and Upward"