Thread: Chevy Cruz

Default Chevy Cruz

Just watched 2 2012 races of the FIA World touring car championship from Monza on the SPEED Chan. If you or I were looking for a new coupe/sedan, the Cruz would be perhaps the last car we would look at!! The Cruz finished 1,2 in the first race and 1,2,3 in the second whipping up on the Bimmas.Do they use tube frames and secret Chevy engines that never see the light of day on street cars for FIA?
    Last edited by BruceG; 12-01-2012 at 06:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BruceG View Post
    Just watched 2 2012 races of the FIA World touring car championship from Monza on the SPEED Chan. If you or I were looking for a new coupe/sedan, the Cruz would be perhaps the last car we would look at!! The Cruz finished 1,2 in the first race and 1,2,3 in the second whipping up on the Bimmas.Do they use tube frames and secret Chevy engines that never see the light of day on street cars for FIA?
    Those cars are far too "un-stock" to accurately judge how they'd perform in IT or on the street. You're just seeing the team that has most manufacturer money behind it.

[QUOTE=Robbie;343278]Those cars are far too "un-stock" to accurately judge how they'd perform in IT or on the street. You're just seeing the team that has most manufacturer money behind it.[/QUOte

It's what I suspected....thanks! It's like the camaros that run in the continental races which have all trick parts/tube frame's, etc. I would like to see a series where they raced normally asperated camaro zl1's with stock everything except a cage,fire Supp. Nets, hood pins....and racing tires.Kind of what the IROC races used to be like. Seal the engines and make it a drivers race.
    Last edited by BruceG; 12-02-2012 at 10:04 AM.

Not sure about tube frame...but certainly an extensive cage, seam welding etc.etc.

Saw one at the Toronto auto show from two years ago.

All Continental cars are production chassis as are the FIA Touring cars. Sweet motors in those cruzes and top level prep in the chassis.
    Chris Rallo "the kid"
    -- "wrenching and racing" -- "will race for food!" -- "Onward and Upward"

THanks for that info, Chris,Sent you a PM,

Honestly I like the Cruz. lol