Thread: COTA restricted regional what if

Default COTA restricted regional what if

Question for the IT gang.

IF, and right now it is a BIG IF, time allowed in the schedule for us to have a Friday morning IT P&Q session, a Friday afternoon IT race, a Saturday start where your finished on Friday race, and a Sunday start where you finished on Saturday race, that is four on track session spread over 3 days with three of them being regional points races on the March 8-10 Double national weekend, would it be worth your while to make the tow to Circuit of the Americas?

Not trying to get anyone's hopes up yet. I have asked the race chair to see if he could make it fit in the schedule. If there is enough interest I will twist a little harder on his arm.
    Jerry

Lone Star Regional Executive
    Lone Star Tech Chief.

What is the target entry fee?
    Ralf
    ITB Golf GT

$550-600 at the most, Less if possible.

Tell me what you would be will to pay and I'll see if it is doable.
    Jerry

Lone Star Tech Chief.

I would like to pay $300, but I know that isn't possible.
    Someone recently had mentioned $700 on a Facebook post, so that is why I was asking.
    Having an IT run group would seem to make more sense though in order to generate a good turnout. Not sure if you would be able to get enough National entries to pay for the weekend.
    Ralf
    ITB Golf GT

Hey!!!
    time to reread the GCR - Do a RATIONAL (Combined Regional/National):026:
    JOHN E. FINE
    2012 SEDIV ITC ECR CHAMPION
    2011 SEDIV ITC ECR CHAMPION
    2010 SEDIV ITC ECR CHAMPION

If someone in the region rents me a car for a decent price I'd go for sure. lol

No truck, trailer, or a car really worth towing that far yet = no otherwise.

Track looks AMAZING though. Will the SCCA run the full course that weekend or is there a club circuit or something for COTA?

Hey Simon,
    I have a trailer that had a RX7 on it when I bought it. Trailer is small single axle , 400$ gets it.
    I will try to take 2 HP cars to the COTA race.
    The rental will be 1500$ for the 3 days.
    MM
    Mike Ogren , FWDracingguide.com, 352.4288.983 ,http://www.ogren-engineering.com/

ITC69,
    I can read the GCR. Problem with that is it is a Super Tour event. Super Tours cannot be rationals. We committed to hosting the Super Tour long before COTA became an option. I'm trying to make the event as inclusive as possible while living with the choices that have been made.

Simon,
    The chances are good a Miata or RX7 could be had. Check with http://taylorrotorsports.com/?page_id=65 their shop is less than a mile from the track.

Ralf,
    The double national is going to be $700. I'm not going to be able to give regional group as much track time if I can make this work, so I'm trying to keep the entry fee in proportion.
    Last edited by jhooten; 11-19-2012 at 12:20 PM.
    Jerry

Lone Star Tech Chief.

I might rent out the CRX if not sold by then

pete

I am considering coming out for this.

Quote Originally Posted by jhooten View Post
    ITC69,
    I can read the GCR. Problem with that is it is a Super Tour event. Super Tours cannot be rationals. We committed to hosting the Super Tour long before COTA became an option. I'm trying to make the event as inclusive as possible while living with the choices that have been made.

Simon,
    The chances are good a Miata or RX7 could be had. Check with http://taylorrotorsports.com/?page_id=65 their shop is less than a mile from the track.

Ralf,
    The double national is going to be $700. I'm not going to be able to give regional group as much track time if I can make this work, so I'm trying to keep the entry fee in proportion.
    jhooten- My bad, pls accept most humble apology - was not aware that race was a"SUPER TOUR" event
    JOHN E. FINE
    2012 SEDIV ITC ECR CHAMPION
    2011 SEDIV ITC ECR CHAMPION
    2010 SEDIV ITC ECR CHAMPION

Quote Originally Posted by ITC69 View Post
    jhooten- My bad, pls accept most humble apology - was not aware that race was a"SUPER TOUR" event

No problem. Just a reminder to the IT guys you can put STU on the car and come run the event if you have a national license. I'm trying to get the regional license holders a way to come also.
    Jerry

Lone Star Tech Chief.

Hey Jerry,

I just saw a message indicating only the short course is avaliable to non-F1 cars.... So, is it long or short course?
    STU BMW Z3 2.5liter

Funny. I've seen a couple DE groups claiming they'll be running the long course in Feb.
    Houston Region
    STU Nissan 240SX
    EProd RX7

Quote Originally Posted by Z3_GoCar View Post
    Recieved this morning from Mr Ralph Waren:

Update on COTA. The 2013 BMW CCA Club Racing weekends at COTA in Austin are going to be June 7-9 and Oct 4-6. We will use the shortened track (which actually every race series will be using except F1).
    STU BMW Z3 2.5liter

3.4 mile F1 course.

Cadillac is running the long course for the next 5 days for their CTS-V customer days.
    Had they been using the short course I would not have been sitting at turn 11 all day today
    watching the instructors play.

The track rental was the same regardless which configuration. If I got to pay for it I'm using it.
    Jerry

Lone Star Tech Chief.

Quote Originally Posted by jhooten View Post
    3.4 mile F1 course.

Cadillac is running the long course for the next 5 days for their CTS-V customer days.
    Had they been using the short course I would not have been sitting at turn 11 all day today
    watching the instructors play.

The track rental was the same regardless which configuration. If I got to pay for it I'm using it.
    Thanks Jerry,

I wasn't sure if Ralph knew something I didn't. Looks like he's mistaken.
    STU BMW Z3 2.5liter