Thread: Proposed change to TIR table....

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Proposed change to TIR table....

I'm possibly encouraged by the proposed change to the TIR table for STU. But I find the notes wording confusing:

Turbocharged AWD/RWD cars must deduct 2 mm from this table.

It could be argued that "deduct 2mm" may mean use the weight of a 2mm smaller TIR. Instead I'd propose the following wording:

Turbocharged AWD/RWD cars must either reduce their TIR size by 2mm for a given weight, or keep the same TIR size and increase base weight to the equivalent of a 2mm larger TIR.

Either that or put an asterisk TIR size in the chart for Turbocharged AWD/RWD STU cars.
    Last edited by Z3_GoCar; 11-15-2012 at 12:32 AM.
    STU BMW Z3 2.5liter

I'm sure the STAC/CRB is opened minded on it - after all, we want to get it "right" - but I'm just not sure how that's really any different. Whether you pick a weight and then a TIR then reduce the TIR by 2mm for AWD/RWD, or if you pick a TIR then the weight then reduce the TIR by 2mm, what's really the difference?

We just want to ensure the intent is clear: regardless of what line you pick, if you have RWD or AWD you'll have to use a TIR that's 2mm smaller based on the minimum weight of your car.

GA

Add another column to the same table showing either:

separate FWD and AWD/RWD weights with one TIR diameter,
    OR
    show one weight listing with a TIR diameters for FWD and for RWD/AWD.

It just makes it all that much clearer.
    Houston Region
    STU Nissan 240SX
    EProd RX7

Quote Originally Posted by Matt93SE View Post
    Add another column to the same table showing either:
    No, I don't think we want to get into that (IMO). That table is purely to spec baseline TIR vs weight; if we added in another column then we need to add in all the other class adders/subtractors such as struts, moved suspension points, and so forth.

I may, however, look into summarizing all the adders/subtractors into a common area at the end. - GA

I think you're overhtinking it at that point. the chart was (and still is) the baseline weight for each particular chassis.
    want to make absolutely clear on it? then stick a big bold disclaimer above or below the table mentioning these are the baselines and all other adders/subtracters still apply.
    Houston Region
    STU Nissan 240SX
    EProd RX7

[QUOTE=Matt93SE;342955the chart was (and still is) the baseline weight for each particular chassis.[/QUOTE]
    The TIR/weight chart? That has absolutely nothing to do with any specific engine or chassis. That chart simply says that if you're running a turbocharged engine, you must weigh XXXX pounds when running a YY mm TIR. You get to pick. All the new reg does is reduce that TIR by 2mm with a RWD or AWD car. - GA