Thread: racing seats for umm ... wide ... butt?

Default racing seats for umm ... wide ... butt?

Picked up the 944 last weekend. It has a super-nice Momo seat in it unfortunately my oversize posterior doesn't fit in it worth a dang. Need something I can actually drive. I'm about 5' 10" and 40-42" waist. not anywhere near skinny. I've been looking online at measurements and such but no place really has consolidation. Anyone have a recommendation? There is a local shop I'm going to try to swing by and see what they have. Just wonder if there's anything y'all would recommend?

Thanks - Bryan

sparco EVO II-US or EVO - III are both pretty good for bigger butts. the III is larger than the II US.

if you want a seat with head wings, you might need to look at aluminum - buttler, lajoie, etc... most of the FIA seats are smaller and few have oversize wing seats. sparco has the circuit-II but it's likely not quite big enough.

if you choose to go sparco, call LTB-Autosports. Luis has the best prices and service for sparco and momo products (and other stuff) you will find.

I'm just about your size and run a Kirkey Intermediate- I think 19"- seat. I went to a local roundy-round shop and they had about a dozen seats in stock that I was able to sit in and try out.

The new car I just bought has another Kirkey in it that is even larger than the one I currently have, and it's also got more wings and such hanging off it. Not sure which seat it is, but I can try to grab a couple photos if you need.

Anyway, try looking at some Kirkey and Ultralight seats. pretty inexpensive, comfy, and fit with my spare tire.
    Houston Region
    STU Nissan 240SX
    EProd RX7

^another for kirkey. We used one in our LeMon and then I bought another for the ITB car. Very affordable, very light, lots of width choices. Can't remember what size I got...

I'm an Ultrashield dealer. Hit me up with measurements. I have a 17 in here you can sit in. I'm only 6'4" and 280. I'm in Central Florida
    Chris Leone
    318i going STL!!!
    E36 ITS underconstruction(sold)
    84 944 ITS (sold)
    71 240z more than half way there/now GT2 bound!!
    ChrisLeonemotorsports.com
    Roll cages and fabrication

You have mail.

Corbeau use to make a Forza "wide" seat, I had one that came with a car I bought once, it was wide alright!