Thread: Temporary storage structures?

Default Temporary storage structures?

I'm trying to decide on winter storage for my new track car. Anyone use these 'Garage in a Box' things. I wonder if it will hold up to northern winters. specifically snow.

http://www.harborfreight.com/garage-...uck-68771.html

I just bought one for some extra storage space while the garage financing is being worked into the race budget. I can't yet say how it will hold up to a new england winter but it survived 40-50 mph winds from Sandy.
    ~Matt Rowe
    ITA Dodge Neon
    NEDiv

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rowe View Post
    I just bought one for some extra storage space while the garage financing is being worked into the race budget. I can't yet say how it will hold up to a new england winter but it survived 40-50 mph winds from Sandy.
    Those don't work worth a damn in southern VT. I have seen them crushed in a heavy snowstorm!!

My brother lives in the mountains of Central PA and has had one for at least 5 years. He stores a car and some parts inside. It's held up well through all the snow, rain, wind, etc. They get a lot of snow up there too!

Chuck
    Chuck
    1972 ITS Datsun 240Z #0
    1975 ITS Datsun 280Z #0

I had one that has worked fine for 12 years behind my garage. Gave it to my neighbor last year to store his tractor and it just survived Sandy. It also survived the mega-snowstorms last year in DC. Good product, anchor it well.
    Chuck

I bought a 20'x18' "barn style" one with a 9' door to fit the tire rack on the open trailer. I put the old Audi on the trailer and back the entire thing into the shelter for the winter here in NH. It was $600 or so direct from Shelter Logic, it wasn't the cheapy from Harbor Frieght. I also got a cheap tarp that I put on the floor and up the sides. It is perfectly dry year round and has stood up very well. In the last storm (Sandy) we lost a huge limb and it hit the roof bent one pipe put a small 3"'hole it the canvas and slid down the side. No real damage and no issues with the wind. 2nd winter coming up now!

Raymond
    RST Performance Racing
    www.rstperformance.com

Be sure to check your local city and county codes.
    Many have rules in place defining what is a 'temporary' structure.
    Rodney Williamson
    www.titaniummotorsports.com