Thread: Front splitter/airdam rule change

Default Front splitter/airdam rule change

Greg, and the rest of the STAC. I was pleased to see how you all restructured and thoroughly explained this section. This is honestly what the new crowd (me, and other newcomers) is looking for imo. So, as Im fair, credit given where its due.

This helps get STL a little further away from IT and more in line with ST as a whole.

STL
    1. #7717 (Corey Roun) Front Splitter
    Thank you for your letter. Change the following in the GCR/STCS:
    Delete 9.1.4.1.B.1 (STO splitter) entirely.
    Delete 9.1.4.2.B.1 (STU splitter) entirely
    Delete 9.1.4.3.B.1 (STL splitter) entirely.
    Replace 9.1.4.D (STCS general section, Aerodynamic Devices) with the following:
    D. Aerodynamic Devices
    1. Front Air dam
    a. A front spoiler/air dam may be added. It shall not protrude beyond the overall outline of the body when viewed from above perpendicular to the ground, or aft of the forward most part of the front fender opening.
    b. The spoiler/air dam shall be mounted to the body, and may extend no higher than four (4) inches above the horizontal centerline of the front wheel hubs. The air dam shall have no support or reinforcement extending aft of the forward most part of the front fender wheel opening.
    c. The minimum ride height of the air dam is 3.0 inches.
    d. Openings are permitted for the purposes of ducting air to the brakes, cooler(s), and radiator(s).
    SCCA Fastrack News November 2012 Page 56
    2. Undertray
    a. An undertray may be added. The undertray may close out the underbody from the leading edge of the approved bodywork (including air dam) back to the centerline of the front axle.
    b. The minimum ride height of the undertray is 3.0 inches.
    3. Splitter
    a. Definition: A horizontal, single-plane aerodynamic device attached to the lower front of the vehicle, protruding forward. It is intended to divert air and produce downforce through vertical pressure differential. A splitter shall have no vertical deviations.
    b. A front splitter may be added. A maximum of 4 rods or cables may be used to support the front and/or sides of the splitter. No other material(s) may be used external to the body to support the splitter.
    c. The front splitter must not extend more than 2.0 inches past the original or approved bodywork as viewed from above for the entire profile of the splitter.
    d. No part of the splitter shall extend laterally any further than the widest point of the outside sidewall of the front tires with the wheels pointed straight ahead.
    e. The splitter may have vertical deviations, fences, etc., only if they are part of the production bodywork for street use.
    f. The minimum ride height of the front splitter is 3.0 inches.
    CFR STL #59 Civic

www.circuit-racer.com

Did this go thru? I saw it but thought it said it was proposed, but I might have mis-read it.

Recommended as a rule change for 2013, pending BoD approval next meeting.

http://www.scca.com/assets/Recommend...ectiveDate.pdf

No reason to believe the BoD will not rubber-stamp it.

GA

Ok, thats what I was thinking, need to build a new one and have been holding out to see if it went thru.

Should be published before Christmas.
    dick patullo
    ner scca IT7 Rx7

Any news on when this will be official? or has it and I missed it somewhere?

Approved, effective January 1. January 2013 GCR available here...

http://www.scca.com/assets/2013%20GCR-%20January.pdf

Cool, Thanks Greg!